PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 08-26-2010, 05:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Looks good and a respectable size judging from comparison with your mouse (mercifully not another cat pic for scaling purposes)
Old 08-29-2010, 11:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to SEBRET
I really Like the design. I'm curious, though. What are the three big cannons in the middle?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:42 PM

@spjoneill: you DO NOT have to worry about that, you'll NEVER see cats around me :D
@sebret: well, this ship is supposed to be a "super" gunboat, so I decided to equip it with some kind of heavy laser weapon, something like a death star laser, but eheheh just a feeewww lighter... I imagined it to be 200m long. I'm also working to change shape for the 4 turrets aside

anyway, thank you both for your comments
sorry guys, this thread is very flat, so few pics... but I'm working on the model (almost at night) and I hope to take some photos soon, maybe with the upper shield completed (more or less). oh, I was forgetting: I decided for a major redesign of the rear part... I think you'll like it
Old 09-06-2010, 03:37 PM

sorry, I'm late, as always
the new version, very rough, but it's almost done in my mind.
big lateral cylinders: mostly generators...
lower smaller ones: engines
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-1.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-2.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-3.jpg  
Old 09-07-2010, 04:10 PM

I like the redesign better. It has sort of a xwingish aesthetics in it, with that long and aerodynamic forward fuselage and 4 valves at the aft :D Good luck, I'm sure it will be awesome!
Google Adsense
Old 09-12-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcold View Post
I like the redesign better. It has sort of a xwingish aesthetics in it, with that long and aerodynamic forward fuselage and 4 valves at the aft :D Good luck, I'm sure it will be awesome!
thanx man!

well, "hiccupping" as always, a bit more progress :D
in order:

- first three pics show the upper hull shield, mostly done (99%) and I have to say that like it! I think it's very good, both shape and panelling. maybe I'll add a bunch of squared/rectangular tiny panels in the end, randomly

- next three: I'm going to fill all the empty spaces in the backbone of the shields with this type of foam, very soft. it's commonly used for ikebana, flowers compositions etc; once cut and glued I cover it with white glue and let dry, in order to have a hard surface to glue the shield strongly

- next three: the "fins" two out of three done. you can also see the bare inner structure of the third one and its uncutted cover. in the next-to-last pic there's the "problem" I had to solve building this component: gluing the ribs, the paper made creases from one rib to the other, resembling more or less a paper chain (due to paper thickness, I think), so I had to glue those toothpicks to spread the paper. I think there are other smarter ways to do it, but that was the only one I found out, so if you have alternatives, please let me know

- last one: common toilet rolls but they work perfectly! I only need to cover them and add details heavily

hope you like!
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000760.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000761.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000762.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000765.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000767.jpg  

Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000768.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000769.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000770.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000771.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000772.jpg  

Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000774.jpg  
Old 09-12-2010, 02:48 PM

this si really great i love this ship and just simply wow!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 05:52 AM

thank you!!! :D
Old 09-17-2010, 06:22 AM

update: I managed to build the inner "nose" of the ship, I mean the support for frontal weapons (all the big cannons). this cardboard I'm using for the frameworks is simply great
in the pics you can see a bit of building process, nothing special: I used the same method for all the components. due to the average complexity of this part, well, I'm pretty happy with the results. as for detailing, I'm gonna concentrate only on central surfaces, because the remaining won't be seen, covered by the shields.
oh, sorry, I must begin to put some reference objects in pics for dimensions; anyway, the nose is 11 cm long, 7 in lenght and 5.5 in height.
I'd love to upload some shots about dry-assemblage, but eheh, only two hands are not enough to hold all the pieces togheter and take pictures
before gluing I want to complete almost the basic stucture, with first layer of primer and, for this, separated pieces are more practical.
now I'm working on the rear support for engines.
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000775.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000776.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000777.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000778.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000780.jpg  

Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000781.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000782.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000783.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000784.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000785.jpg  

Old 09-24-2010, 08:41 AM

hi guys! I'm in a "pseudo"-resting period in terms of university more or less 10 days, 10 precious days to give this model a super boost in order to complete as much work as possible before the new semester starts
sorry, some pics are not so good.
in order:

- upper hull section, with initial details (yes, yes... I know... it's plastic :( but, really, it's due only to lack of time to build this ship and the need to speed up the process, because nothing I used to close that hole is impossible to reproduce with paper)
- dry-assemblage just to see how well the components fit
- both the hull halves (the bottom one only panelled with second layer, need to put on the third), I'm seeing the end of the tunnel here (can't wait to see it covered with primer)
- next four pics: the pieces are glued and fit quite good, but I had some minor problems of alignment to solve while waiting for ther glue to dry; anyway, as you can see, I think they are fixed now :D it's pretty simmetric, more than I expected, to be honest...
- last one, again dry-assemblage... it speaks for itself

let me know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000800.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000801.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000802.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000803.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000804.jpg  

Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000806.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000807.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000808.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000812.jpg  
Google Adsense