PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Alternate Dimensions

Old 07-25-2010, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser

Hi everyone!
Been away for some time, too busy with university and ordinary life BUT now I'm back with something new on the workbench. well... to be honest, I HAD to get back to paper because of... my girlfriend! yes, that's right: she saw my gallery on flickr, then my models "face to face" and literally fell in love with the Rebel Transport, so....eheh, she asked me to give it to her and I answered NO WAY!!! :D thus I had to set apart all my projects and think about a new model for her. let's see: she loves my rebel transport (because it looks like a shell), she comes from a sea town and she likes shells... ok, the game is done: I need a new shell but, being it a present for her, it must be bigger and better than the previous one. this model will be more or less 36 cm long and better engineered (I hope so!) than my other attempts and works, and I also have a term this time I must respect: her birthday, in the beginning of November. so, considering the few free time I'm going to have till those days, let's hope to build it smoothly
anyway, this is another readaptation of something seen in the movies: I called it Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser, 200 m in lenght, equipped with heavy artillery in order to damage quickly Empire cruisers.
the pics show you its general shape, but it's raw yet, lacking some important details like the remaining side-turrets (16 in total), all the escape pods (6 or 8, I have to decide) and other things (the aerials structure). moreover, as for all the artillery in the frontal "mouth", well... I'm not sure about the lateral turrets, so maybe they could change into something different...
last pic is what I've done in these days: all the backbones for the shells.
hope you like!
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s1.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s2.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s3.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s4.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-s5.jpg  

Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000642-custom-.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-25-2010, 08:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 125.02 MB
Man that looks awesome!! Back in my dice and paper gaming days my star wars group used one of those as their home base. i do so hope you post it in the download section when you are done.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.53 MB
Try fitting turrets to the fins, or just no extra turrets but the forward facing ones.

Looks sweet though!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Another great project and great building whatcing with interest...
Old 07-28-2010, 01:02 AM

Thanks to all for the interest shown for my work!!! :D
update: I'm working on the main hull, a sort of sandwich. I'm testing a particular type of cardboard, here in Italy it's called "cartolegno" (more or less "wood-paper"), I think many of you already know it; anyway, it's great, so soft I cut it like it was made of butter.
usually I prefer working on the skeleton first and later focus on details, but this time I'll need to put up some "guts on the outside" right now on both sides of the hull, because then it will be a problem to reach that part of the ship (once covered with the shell).
last two pics: super-dry assemblage.
enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000643.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000644.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000645.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000646.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000647.jpg  

Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000648.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000649.jpg   Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000650.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Look's fine. Filipo in Brazil this type of cardboard is calling Panamá or Bismark, some types is very heavy, and is necessary razor to cut...
Old 07-29-2010, 01:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 140.78 MB
Great work, dude!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Excellent

This is looking like an excellent build so far. The ship looks very cool. I'd like one myself. I'm looking forward to watching it develop.

Steve
Old 08-04-2010, 03:54 PM

hi everyone
sorry guys, I'm more like a ghost in these days on the forum, but I'm always very busy with university that I've got to work every now and then, an average of fifteen minutes per day :(
moreover, this week my parents brought our camera for a little holiday, so no pics at all. anyway, I managed to cut all the elements for the shields and glued a whole one to see the result, which isn't so bad: this time I doubled the number of the elements, so more pieces => more "flat" curved surface. hope to post something soon, maybe this weekend.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:08 PM

little update: I finally managed to assemble all the shields I swear I won't cut&glue curved surfaces for a while...
anyway, I started to detail the bigger one, I'll post something soon. it looks good and the whole ship seems to be bigger than expected from the original 3D project
Attached Thumbnails
Star Wars Gallofree Yards Assault Cruiser-p1000741.jpg  
Google Adsense