PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hmm..anyone know where I can get one in the uk? Have found a few in various czech websites but am struggling to work out how to order one!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporticus View Post
Hmm..anyone know where I can get one in the uk? Have found a few in various czech websites but am struggling to work out how to order one!
Have officially given up. I can't find a website where I can order one for international ordering. Can anyone help? Have decided to get one for a Birthday present to myself. I have a hundred other things I should spend my time on designing or making, but I just love this thing.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.42 MB
House #10

Thought I would show some more detailed construction photos.
Only the doors have a recess frame on this house, some houses have the windows recessed as well. These windows only have one layer of paper between the wall and the window. The left side will have house #12 abutting it so the outside canopies and shutters will not be attached. All the buildings have parts so they can be 'stand-alone' models if the whole town is not your goal. The house will square up when the roof is added and that will be the next installment.

George

Book ISBN is 80-7341-353-1. Suggest you try e-bay if you are looking for it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Medieval City - take two-house-10-part1.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-house-10-doorsfinished.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-house-10-windows-doorframe.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-house-10-p1-front.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-house-10-p1-left.jpg  

The Medieval City - take two-house-10-p1-rear.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-house-10-p1-right.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-house-10-p11-12-parapet.jpg   The Medieval City - take two-house-10-p11-12-installed.jpg  
Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Great build. Keep it coming!!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporticus View Post
It's a Czech site, but they will send it world wide.
Velká kniha vyst?ihovánek

Hint ... use Chrome browser and it will offer to translate the site into English for you. Not a complete translation as it cannot translate the text in pictures, but it will give you enough to place an order.

See lower left panel for 'How to order'. Delivery could be quite expensive.

I'm glad I saw a photo of the completed model on display with a child looking at it before I ordered. It's huge and would nigh on fill my living room. No way she'd let me!! So I'm having to be content by just enjoying watching these two build threads. (You have noticed the other one I assume?)

Regards Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 AM

I like the way the buildings come with recessed windows and doors. I presume that the extra parts you mention cover up the sections where the buildings join?

I definitely want to get it now. The possibilities for kitbashing the odd building seems endless. I have tried ebay. In fact I've tried every bookseller and cardmodel seller I can find. The only sites that I found it on are the Czech ones and I can't find one that does and international delivery. Will have to keep checking I guess!!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
It's a Czech site, but they will send it world wide.
Velká kniha vyst?ihovánek

Regards Johnny.
Thanks Johnny. No I still can't work it out. Tried to fill in form but there is no way I can see to put in a non Czech address. Anyway I think I've hijacked this thread enough now, so if anyone has any ideas then please PM me!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Old City Number 3! Post #38

Peter Crow has a copy he's thinking of selling. Drop him a PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 11.55 MB
Hi George,
I made a copy of the basement, cut out the groups ("soubor"), folded all the bottom tabs inward and attached the houses on this part of basement. So you have little groups of houses with its own base and can store them individually. I noticed, that pieces of terrain don't fit always. Some houses I gave an extra ground to make sure, it will be rectangeled. Look at my thread ( Old City Number 3! )post 56.

Günter
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.42 MB
Hi Gunther,

So far my city is fitting very well. I have glued a copy of the MPR plan to a 3mm piece of plywood. The MPR units are small enough for my storage. I will not attach the various sub-sections to the plywood base until thy are all completed and I know they fit. MPR I is about 2/3 done and matches the plan nicely to this point.
Google Adsense