PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 12-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
King James Bible
"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old."

There are a lot of former New England residents in San Francisco, including my sister!

Mr. Meek, that link sounds very interesting, I shall go there immediately!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Isaiah 43:18 - I like that (but there is said a lot more too). ;-)
Old 12-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Banned

The site posted by Thomas Meek ( a couple of posts before this one) has a treasure trove of models. Some uniquely French stuff there.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Thanks for the compliment, tapcho. From you, it really means a lot.

and Zathros; I think you will find lots of cool stuff on Le Forum en Papier
• Page d?index
Check out the "Nos maquettes à télécharger" (Our models for download) section, where you will find several more by the talented mauther, as well as one of my favorites in the "voitures" (cars, I think) section called "Citroens HY en PDF" which is a series of Citroen "Tube" variations designed by Camille, another extremely talented designer.
There is lots more there, and the discussions get a lot better if you run the url through Google Translate.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.93 MB
Hello Tapcho,

you've build up a nice scene, typical for the South - no, for France escpecially. I like the architecture of this area. There's a family Baud of Switzerland producing fine hand coloured paperkits similar to the build of yours.
Reading some comments I think my policy is right: build commercial models or design your own ..

With lovely greetings especially to Finland
the Wilfried
Google Adsense
Old 12-29-2010, 12:45 AM

Hi Willfried and thanks for your nice comment. Baud model are new to me and I'll check them out - good common small houses are a bit hard to find in paper. All offering seems to be more or less monumental or then bound to too obviuosly to a certain area and it's architectural style. I've ben browsing through Clever models catalogue and the have some clever models that prety much could be found anywhere (the industrial ones). I'll keep your policy in mind and maybe adapt it too (if it's not copyrighted?). ;-)

Tappi
Old 01-02-2011, 04:48 AM

The bistro is ready

Here are some new photos of the creation. And a list of new additions and changes I've made:

- bike is resized - looks much better to me scale wise
- did some wiring to the lamp post
- a fireplace needs so firewood so it's appropriate to store some in the backyard
- and a gardenchair for those lazy sunday mornings

One could go on and on adding things to this build (flower pots, tools, signs, posters on the walls etc.) but I stop now. Don't want it to look too clustered and it's time to move on anyway.

Played a little with PS and did some clumsy picture editing and there are couple examples of that too.

Hope you enjoy the result of the build, I know I enjoyed doing it.

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Small rural bistro somewhere south-1-front-left.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-2-front-right.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-3-front.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-4-backyard-1.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-5-backyard-2.jpg  

Small rural bistro somewhere south-6-backyard-3.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-7-stairs-balcony.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-8-streetview.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-9-bike.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-10-sunchair.jpg  

Small rural bistro somewhere south-11-firewood.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-b-w-1.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-b-w-2.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-night.jpg  
Old 01-02-2011, 04:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.95 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
Here are some new photos of the creation. And a list of new additions and changes I've made:

- bike is resized - looks much better to me scale wise
- did some wiring to the lamp post
- a fireplace needs so firewood so it's appropriate to store some in the backyard
- and a gardenchair for those lazy sunday mornings

One could go on and on adding things to this build (flower pots, tools, signs, posters on the walls etc.) but I stop now. Don't want it to look too clustered and it's time to move on anyway.

Played a little with PS and did some clumsy picture editing and there are couple examples of that too.

Hope you enjoy the result of the build, I know I enjoyed doing it.

Tappi
Hello Tapcho

It's a very cool place ! I hear the cicadas. lol

Faithfully
Valmy
Old 01-02-2011, 11:59 AM

Thanks Valmy, and here is a soundsample of it for everyone. Couple of pictures more:
- first one to Jaska who doubted that I shouldn't re-size the bike - Jaska > tämä pilkku kannatti katsoa vai mitä?
- second one is to give you all some sense of the size of the dio - it's 14 cm x 16,5 cm and about 13 cm high

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Small rural bistro somewhere south-12-bikes.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-13-size-14-16-5-cm.jpg  
Old 01-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Banned

Those black and white pictures look like they were taken a long time ago. Nice job!! Nice photography!! Very convincing!!
Google Adsense