PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 12-19-2010, 12:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Small rural bistro somewhere south

Hello fellow modelers. Here's something I've been fiddling with lately. It all started when I found a model of an old brasilian house (you can find it here). I didn't want to build the way it was intended (don't get me wrong it's a great model in itself and it comes with a nice backround story too - go and have peek) because I wanted something different. Little less doors and windows, a fireplace and so on.

So on with the Photoshop: if you compare the models you'll spot the differences youself so I won't list them here. I also retouched the model a bit to get a bit more sustained feeling to it.

One thing led to an other. I started adding details here and there. I made my own base for it, created the extra walls, vegetation and so on. And at some point figured out what the house was - a small rural bistro. A perfect place for me to retire if I had the means to buy one. Dreams they keep me ticking. ;-)

This has also been a very good lesson to practise different modeling skills for me. There's been re-coloring, kitbashing, scratch building re-touching and many more. But all is paper, glue and paint exept the cord holding the climbing Santa.

So here it is - my chateau d'espangne - hope you enjoy it. And at the same time allow me to wish each and every one of you dear fellow modelers a Very Merry Christmas and Hilariously Happy New Year!

Best wishes to ya all,

Tappi
Attached Thumbnails
Small rural bistro somewhere south-front.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-green-fairy.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-laundry.jpg   Small rural bistro somewhere south-stairs-balcony.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 12-19-2010, 12:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Tappi

Great build. A very nice and inviting place, with a lot of nice touches. Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapcho View Post
A perfect place for me to retire if I had the means to buy one. Dreams they keep me ticking. ;-)
Whenever you get there, I'll buy the first round on opening day!

All the best to you,
Mike
Old 12-19-2010, 01:46 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Is the Food Good?

Hi Tapcho,

I was wondering if the food is good at your establishment [Tappi's Tappas Bar? No?]...,

What scale is it? Not that it cares though the trend for paper model use in train modeling is accelerating at a rapid pace...,

Best regards,
+Gil
Old 12-19-2010, 02:08 PM

Hi Mike and Gil,
Wellcome to my bistro! Food is great and company is even better. The scale is nearer to 1/72 than 1/87 - I didn't much bother about it because I was just concentrating on doing it. The original model is bigger - I scaled that one fitting to pages into one so that makes the base model near 1/35 or not? I guess my work could be scaled more precisely to either direction. I have all the pics but don't know how to go about because the original is not mine.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:39 PM

Looks great Tappi. I like atmosphere of your little diorama (I guess I can call it diorama?). Am I correct to see some influence of Carlos Filippe, at least when it's about subject?

Good stuff, what I don't like is the no parking sign in front of your bistro . So you don't plan to allow your customers to park convinently in front of your place? ...

"None so blind as those that will not see"
Google Adsense
Old 12-19-2010, 02:49 PM

Come walking cotlet because I promise you're not able to drive away when you leave. Carlose's work, tatebankos and all other attemts to stage a living environment were influencal to this diorama. Glad you like it.

Tappi
Old 12-19-2010, 04:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 40.66 MB
Yes !

Just seat and : "Garçon ! Un Pastis avec des glaçons, mais trop d'eau..."

Cool time

Thanks Tapcho
Old 12-19-2010, 06:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Nice model. With Rapidshare do you have to now register to download?
Old 12-19-2010, 09:31 PM

Wonderful! I would gladly have an espresso or absinthe there!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Now this is a wonderful build with expression.... and certainly one that make's you want to sit back, relax and enjoy... ummmm
Google Adsense