PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.92 MB
Jewish Museum Schrieber kit 1:300

I finished this model about three months ago. I thought it worth posting to point out a couple of changes I made that were relatively easy to to do and made a noticeable difference to the kit. It is a typical Schreiber kit with rather 'soft' cardboard, but none the worse for that. It isn't especially difficult and in 'part 5' I've posted one of the original sheets.

The building is pretty remarkable with its angles and deep cut windows. I enhanced these by cutting each one out and fitting a piece of clear sheet (from a supermarket packet) before putting both pieces back into the slot. 'Part 1' shows the cut and all I did was sellotape the parts to the rear as a 'sandwich'; 'part 4' shows the effect. The glazing does catch the light and adds a little more realism.

'Part 5' shows some of the roof parts. Obviously as a two dimensional representation, and a good one, it is flat. I changed this by cutting out each roofing element - sky lights and aircon etc. I stuck these onto some silver card (again from some shop packaging) about 1mm thick. I sunk the ceiling by the same amount and hopefully on 'B6' you can see the effect. In 'B5' you can see both effects.

There are seating and other artifacts printed on the base sheet and again, the addition of a piece of card underneath these locations enhances the effect.

Then add some trees etc from the local model shop ...

A steady hand, sharp blade and a lot of patience.
Attached Thumbnails
Jewish Museum Schrieber kit 1:300-b2.jpg   Jewish Museum Schrieber kit 1:300-b12.jpg   Jewish Museum Schrieber kit 1:300-b6.jpg   Jewish Museum Schrieber kit 1:300-b5.jpg   Jewish Museum Schrieber kit 1:300-part1.jpg  

Jewish Museum Schrieber kit 1:300-part4.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Kim,

I moved this thread to its proper home, Architectural Models

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Nicely finished off. The extra work has really helped.

Tim