PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 01-26-2011, 05:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 11.55 MB
Old City Number 3!

Hi,
Am I allowed to join the club of city-builders?
I biult allready all the buildings of MPR I. (Kartonist.de | Bauberichte-Architektur | Mittelalterliche Stadt von abc, Old Town)
I built them in orignal size, but I made copies and built this copies. So I could adjust the sometimes a bit dull colors and keep the original, plus I could allways print spare parts!
As I don't speak Czech, this link has been quite helpfull: TRANSLATE.EU : Text to translate from czech to german (also translates to english!)
By the way: Each house can be assambled in two ways: As stand alone model and as model connected to the other buildings, as we want to do. In this case some parts have to be left out!
Now let's go on:
Pic 1: This collection of buildings should form a diorama!
Pic 2: As I want to store the whole thing on my attic, I cut the groundplan in some parts.
Pic 3: Now I transfered the parts on 2mm cardboard and cut them out.
Pic 4: Next step was, to glue the buildings on the parts of the groundplan. This has not been so easy, as the houses did not allways follow exactly the groundplan and the whole thing should finally form a closed circle.
Pic 5 : Now the road surfaces had to be adjusted.
Attached Thumbnails
Old City Number 3!-img_0596.jpg   Old City Number 3!-img_0607.jpg   Old City Number 3!-img_0599.jpg   Old City Number 3!-img_0603.jpg   Old City Number 3!-img_0605.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Gunter I think you are certainly allowed to join the city builders.
A very nicely done old town....Ron
Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Looks great!!! Great idea on making it more packable Welcome to the Corps of City Engineers
Chris
Old 01-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
When can i move in.... get some of the good guys from here for my neighbours, i will be in heaven Very nicely built, they are all individual works of art
Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Man that is really excellent. My son now wants me to build this for his Lego battles. I told him I would get right on it. After I finish removing the 10" inches of snow that just fell.
Google Adsense
Old 01-27-2011, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Wonderful work, Gunter! Good thinking on construction and storage. It's a great looking town!
Chris
Old 01-30-2011, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
This is for both the intrepid builders.

First - they both look very good.

My first intoduction to the towns was the ABC Magazine. The whole kit was published in fortnightly parts for goodness how many years. I started subscribing near the end so I was pleased when the "book" was published.

I finished the first town, and the rest is still in the book.I glued the outline sheet to a base and keep the individual buildings in a box - much easier to transport!

Next, a word of warning _ I'd had enough of the kits after the first building. It also made me realist that Mr Richard V has a very small "pallet" of graphic. He uses the same ones for other kits - Including The Leaning Tower of Pisa and Tower Bridge!

Finally, a tip. The buildings have some colourful flags. I used quite wet glue to glue the two halves together and this gave me the chance of making them "limp". Too many times I've seen flags that look a if they are in a 100 mile an hour gale;-)

For flag masts I discovered, while out with my daughter when she was shopping at her favourite "Bead shop". The bits I bought looked like long thin nails - I think they are used for making hanging ear rings. The interesting thing is that they are solid silver ! I painted them with enamel paint (mat wood). I put them in place but didn't glue them until the town was complete - that way I could ensure they were all facing the right way! I also used them - this time gloss black - as the poles for the street lights. You will also note that I cut out the bits between the "rings" then glued the flag together with the pole in place.

So, the best of luck with both the builds - Will you be making the scenery as shown in the poster in the book?

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Old City Number 3!-img_0098.jpg  
Old 02-19-2011, 01:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 11.55 MB
Hi,
Thanks to your friendly comments.

Peter, you and your friends are invited! But be aware of the fact, that there is no public transport or supermarket.

Zathros are you still removing snow or did you start building?

Mike, you are right with Vyskovsky, although the buildings are all look different, the individual parts are repeating. Maybe this is the reason, why I don't know of anybody who went on after MPR I.

As you may have noticed, I didn't attach any flag 'till now. I will decide later about this, but for sure not the mass of flags which are provided with the kit. Anyway thanks for the tip!

I will go on with MPR II. Most likely I will build the version 7 which is suggested in the book

Meanwhile I finished the MPR I base.
Pic 1: The church and the town hall got an extra base, therefore the tabs have been folded inwards.
Pic 2 and 3: I didn't like the surface round the church. I downloaded a surface with cobblestones from the net. Inaccurateness near the buildings have been corrected with a row of stones.
Pic 4 and 5:The finished church square.
Attached Thumbnails
Old City Number 3!-img_0616.jpg   Old City Number 3!-img_0617.jpg   Old City Number 3!-img_0618.jpg   Old City Number 3!-img_0619.jpg   Old City Number 3!-img_0620.jpg  

Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by günter View Post
[FONT=courier][LEFT]Hi,
Thanks to your friendly comments.

Peter, you and your friends are invited! But be aware of the fact, that there is no public transport or supermarket.
No public transport isn't a problem - i have a car, so that's that sorted please try to get a small shop - General Provisions, we need to eat don't we ? and it's a long drive into the city
Hey.... this build of buildings is truly wonderful
Old 02-20-2011, 09:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Beautiful work, günter! I look forward to seeing what you do with MPR II.
Google Adsense