PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-14-2011, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via MSN to gerrytrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tino View Post
Here I am again with another model. This time it will be the St. Peter Basilica.
The model is very big with 114cm long and it have more than 2000 pieces and in the end should the quite impressive.
Let’s see how I handle this model. For now I show to you the pile of paper and card (and I didn’t use all the card) that I will use for the building and the paper base glued to a wooden base.
I built some paper models some years ago, and saw this model and it renewed my interest. I have ordered this model and awaiting it's arrival. I think I will make some columns in between building the basilica so I don't bored just making columns.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.85 MB
Thank you for the interest and sorry for late answer.

Gerrytrain - Do you start the model? I am doing exactly the same way.

For today I bring to you a general view of the Basilica and one image of the original building. Its possible to see that both are similar.

Next I will show the stairs that are builded in diferent steps.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-sp-021.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-sp-22.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-sp-024.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-sp-025.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-sp-026.jpg  

Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.85 MB
More pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-sp-027.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-sp-028.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-sp-029.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-sp-030.jpg  
Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 AM

very interesting and ambitious build! looking at this I can already hear the choir singing
Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
Very good, Tino, for the Basilica! It sure looks amazing, and an architectural model of professional level.

Keep it on!
Google Adsense
Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
The model is very impressive, and the custom made wooden base is really going to show it off. Did you make the base yourself, or take the design to a woodworker?
Old 09-01-2011, 02:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to gerrytrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tino View Post
Thank you for the interest and sorry for late answer.

Gerrytrain - Do you start the model? I am doing exactly the same way.

For today I bring to you a general view of the Basilica and one image of the original building. Its possible to see that both are similar.

Next I will show the stairs that are builded in diferent steps.
I have finished the model. See photos.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-img_0383.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-img_0384.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-img_0386.jpg   St. Peter Basilica; Schreiber Bogen; 1/400-img_0388.jpg  
Old 09-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Eternal Member

S-Bogan always has great models. I am impressed with the inside detail. I am not sure where I bought it but my model of St. Peter's (see my webpage www.cathedralquest.com -church models) is a Domus model. It is large but does not have the front courtyard nor can you see inside. It does have a lot of detail. Looking foward to seeing your finished model. You are doing a great job.

It is nice to hear from others who make architectural models. We don't get many postings.

I just finished St.Matthais in Budapest but haven't had time to put up the pictures on papermodelers.com. You can see one photo on the first page (at the bottom) of my church model pages on www.cathedralquest.com. In the VERY near future we will see the church in person as well as a number of other models that I have made plus a number of churches and castles that I have kits for but didn't have time to make before our trip.

Keep up the good work!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Eternal Member

My apology, Tino. I missed the second page of the thread and did not see your finished model. It is beautiful. You did an outstanding job. We have been there in person and the model captured all the details. What are you going to build next?

I started on the Salzburg castle but will not finish it before our trip, but I have some idea what it will look like. I love to build the models before seeing the building in person. After spending many hours with a model you know it quite well. I always look to see the most "difficult" parts in on the "real thing".
Old 09-01-2011, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Stunning model! It is so large. Where are you going to display the model?