PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 01-03-2012, 03:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 243.35 MB
Gaudi

Hello Friends,
I would like to say that exist another model of Gaudi's work.It is house "El Capricio" in Comilas/Santander/.Model was edited by Arcatura in 1988 year.Author Louis I.Carratero Bajo.Scale 1/100;Model contens 10 sheet A4 +base.I have this model on my architecture collection.
For more information write please PN or e-mail.
Cherrs Slawomir
Old 01-05-2012, 12:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Here's more detail of how I built my double magnet columns:

And a test-fit of all 22 columns on my steel work table (I'm still working on the base texture design...) - also the edge detail is missing from the courtyard, along with it's back:

Other than the rude awakening learning that foamboard, though strong, isn't always flat shows in this shot, I really like the ceiling when it's underlit.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:43 AM

Did I mention they are strong?

Still trying to flatten that foamboard before I attach the trim.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
That is going to be one very striking setting for a game
Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Eternal Member

All I can say at this point is WOW!!! You are doing a great job with a lot of creative ideas. I love seeing your posts.
Google Adsense
Old 01-06-2012, 05:37 PM

Magnetic foamboard flooring...

Since I want my magnetic columns to stay in place I need some metal for them to stick to. 18" straps fit the bill cheaply, if not a little thickly - here's me measuring correct alignment using the ceiling:

I applied them to self-adhesive foamboard, then placed my paper floor pieces over:

Now the columns stick well enough to be left up for a playable surface:

Ignore the clips.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:38 PM

Thanks for the ongoing support/praise folks - it encourages me to stop and take pictures which is a chance to enjoy my work as I progress...

I love these ground-level shots!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Much praise and admiration are being sent your way. Thanks for letting us watch this happen
Old 01-07-2012, 03:08 PM

Almost done!

I've finally added the mosaic surrounding the upper courtyard. This the last remaining part of the main courtyard structure. Next up a back-wall and the trim for the floor.

I've decided to stay closer to the original design with the back wall, we'll see how that turns out later tonight I think. The tricky part is figuring out how to attach it to make this dissemble structure solid enough to play upon - though the columns can handle a lot of weight, the unevenness of the foamboard means my idea that magnets would provide shearing strength is not at all true. :-( I'm thinking a foamboard box in the back, attached with magnets. We'll see how that works.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:53 PM

Courtyard Complete (sans options)

This time, first the pics:

Final steps:

I managed to print the 22"x11" backing on a single sheet by begging some time on my wife's printer (she's a textile designer, and so has a 17x22 printer)

To attach it to the rest of the model, and still have the option to take it apart, I attached a foam-board back and foot, embedding little bar magnets where it is to attach to the top of the courtyard:

Then I embedded matching bar magnets in the back of the courtyard itself:

This hold those pieces together very well, and provides the shearing strength I was looking for to allow the top surface to be playable while assembled.

I'm calling this done for now, knowing that I might return to put a few magnets underneath to strengthen the pole supports of the roof, and I still think I'd like to add benches to the inside of the courtyard along the mosaic walls, but I'm eager to build the rest of the scene: The space between the chapel, gatehouse and the courtyard. Adding terraces and staircases and elevating the entire courtyard structure (which would allow visibility of the detail underneath...)

I'll share that work as I go along on this thread as well, but might go quiet for a few days while I figure out what I want to do and how I want to leverage the original model, maps, and photos of Parc Güell.

I've learned quite a bit as I go along and wanted to say Thanks! again for all the support during this ongoing project.
Google Adsense

Tags
architecture, fantasy, gaudi