PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 08-05-2013, 03:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Dude! Chill out!! You just need to take a step back and think before you type - I am on your side and if you keep up your ranting at everyone, you aren't going to have many friends or anywhere else...
Old 08-05-2013, 07:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I look forward to seeing more of your work. I think that now that we are aware, no one here will be acquiring your models elsewhere.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Here is my thoughts on the subject:

Diderick has been an active member of this forum long enough to realize that Piracy, no matter how intentional or unintentional it may be, is never tolerated, and is called out immediately when discovered. It is for this reason that I still believe that Diderick somehow thought he had some kind of "implied" permission from the author. His messages in the forum leads me to believe that he is a genuinely decent person, with an obvious passion for paper models. Pirates generally don't really give a damn about the art form; they simply scam, scrounge and rip off, and hide in the shadows. Diderick is not hiding; he is acting in full view. I could be totally wrong here, but Diderick doesn't appear to me to be a classic "Pirate" as defined above.

Having said that, it is very clear to me and everyone else on this forum, that the author of this fantastic work, does not give permission to Diderick, to enhance, or sell his work. That must be respected. Unless there is more to the story than has been told here, we must all give Diderick the benefit of the doubt, and assume that this was not done with malice, or ill-intent. Likewise, given the author's clear stance on the subject, Diderick should stop all activities that are offensive to the author.

I work for an international company, and deal with dozens of cultures around the world, and it is very common, especially when dealing with email content, to misunderstand, jump to false conclusions, and take things out of context. Let's assume that this is what we are seeing here.

Ken
Old 08-05-2013, 04:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Oh, I totally agree, Ken. There is a misunderstanding. They will work it out.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:12 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Ken just summed up what i was thinking too,
It doesn't make sense Diderick being so open about Rupert's models on his website, and if you read his statement on it, he is just as anti-piracy as we are all are here. When Rupert and Diderick have a misunderstanding, they should work it out together , not in public.
I know Diderick as a nice person and a he has great knowledge about papermodels in general.
I also happen to know he is retired, and owns a nice camper-van, so he is probably sitting on a campsite in the southern part of France, sipping on a white wine, totally unaware of this situation.
Google Adsense
Old 08-06-2013, 06:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Diderick has been quite happy in the past to build models that he happily admits are scanned from someone else's copy; and I'd love to know how he got permission to reproduce the Albatros Soyuz model on his site when this has been a paper modelling 'grail' model for years...and reproducing them for free distribution as a service to the community is perhaps one thing; doing so for profit quite another...
Old 08-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Please stop the conversation. Dragging someone through the mud without actually talking to the person is ridiculous. Its complete speculation. I know he is on vacation now and I do not know when he will be back. So just drop it. A simple discussion directly with the person will likely clear it all up. Until then it accomplishes nothing besides making people angry all over again.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Thank you, Chris.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Diderick

It is clear to me now that you are a well respected and decent guy and that somewhere or other, you misunderstood my intentions with these models. I am obviously very protective of them as you are now aware, and I shall conduct myself from now on as a fellow enthusiast/designer with a desire to make known and sell my work. I hope there are no lasting bad feelings between us and look forward to dealing with you on friendlier terms.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Dear all,
I have indeed just returned form a long camper trip round southern Scandinavia, so this whole discussion has only reached me just now.
Yes, there is definitely a misunderstanding. Before I offered the models in question on my site I mailed Mr Cordeux more than half a dozen times. This produced exactly one brief answer, telling me that he was indeed Rupert Chicken, but that his models were now a thing of the past for him and that he didn't even have the artwork any more.
Then I mailed him again with a detailed business proposal, even offering to come and see him in England to discuss things face to face. I sent him this message at least three times, no answer. Then I mailed him that I would go ahead with my plan if he did not react; I have kept careful track of my sales and reserved a reasonable percentage for him in case he changed his mind. (In fact, double the amount I pay for the copyrights of my Rietveld publications). As I explained on my website: he made no objections, and I concluded he was no longer interested at all.
I am very unhappy about the fact that Mr Cordeux used this forum for an all out attack. He has my email address; failing that, he could also have contacted me via my website.
I am grateful for the supporting remarks from some of you.
One last remark on the financial aspect: people seem to think that a few models like these are a little gold mine. Not so: in the course of the ca 18 months I have had these models on my site, I have not had more than a dozen customers.

I will of course mail Mr. Cordeux personally to find a mutually acceptable solution.
Google Adsense