PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Rupert Chicken cathedrals

As I have already announced in the (perhaps somewhat confusingly named) thread 'Chicken Models', I amworking on reproductions of these wonderful models - in cooperation with the original designer. He left paper modelling behind him many years ago, and did not even keep the original artwork... Which is why I am now trying to collect as much of it as I can. Please go to my website www.zeistbouwplaten.nl to see what is available so far.

One urgent problem right now: does anyone have the English instructions for Lichfield cathedral? If you do, I would be very grateful for a scan or copy.

Diderick A. den Bakker, Holland
Google Adsense
Old 08-04-2013, 11:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Diderick A. den Bakker, just to remind you that you do not have my cooperation or permisssion to reproduce my art work. Its copyright is protected under EU but more importantly, UK law. I am now producing new models and have located art work for all of my old modelas as well. I am now taking legal advice and I am submiting evidence as I find it to trading standards in the UK
Old 08-04-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Cordeux View Post
Diderick A. den Bakker, just to remind you that you do not have my cooperation or permisssion to reproduce my art work. Its copyright is protected under EU but more importantly, UK law. I am now producing new models and have located art work for all of my old modelas as well. I am now taking legal advice and I am submiting evidence as I find it to trading standards in the UK
Rupert,

In reading Diderick's posting, it seems obvious to me that this is a misunderstanding - he states that he is in cooperation with you. If this is not the case, why do you choose to rant in public forum?? A private message to Diderick would seem more appropriate, especially since he acknowledges your work and his desire to preserve it.

I apologize if I am missing something. I am a designer as well, and I respect your right to protect your work.

Ken
Old 08-04-2013, 03:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Actually, no, I totally agree with Rupert...just because he can not locate the original designer or copyright holder does not give Diderick the right to produce these models at his convenience and certainly not for profit; nor does it relieve him from any obligation to ensure that he has a legal right, as opposed to a moral convenience, to anything models that he produces and distributes.

As Diderick has been quite blatantly marketing Rupert's models here on PM, I think that Rupert is well within his rights to publicly advise Diderick and the rest of the PM community of the status of his models. It was also appear that there is some uncertainty regarding the claim "...reproductions of these wonderful models - in cooperation with the original designer..." I think that Diderick's comment "...He left paper modelling behind him many years ago, and did not even keep the original artwork..." is actually quite rude and, really, it is the copyright holder's right to do what he likes with his art and entirely his decision whether he makes it available to others...

To me this issue is no different than those with Alice and others...
Old 08-04-2013, 03:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
I'm not supporting any part or the other.
But I believe a bit of further clarification from both parts would be very much appreciated.

Things aren't any clearer even after seeing this text at Diedrick's website:

Attached Thumbnails
Rupert Chicken cathedrals-site.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-04-2013, 03:56 PM

Now I am a little confused.... Diderick "claims" he is in cooperation with the designer. You assert that this is not the case stating "...just because he can not locate the original designer or copyright holder does not give Diderick the right to produce these models at his convenience...".

I am sure there is more history here than I am aware of... In any case, the designer clearly states now, that Diderick does NOT have permission to sell his work. If Diderick's claim that he is in cooperation with Rupert is not true, then I understand why he is making his point on the forum. I despise piracy myself. My apologies to Rupert.

Ken
Old 08-04-2013, 04:33 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
I'm not taking sides , but as i know Diderick personally, I dropped him an e-mail to draw his attention, let's see what he has to say in this matter
Old 08-04-2013, 04:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubenandres77 View Post
I'm not supporting any part or the other.
But I believe a bit of further clarification from both parts would be very much appreciated.

Things aren't any clearer even after seeing this text at Diedrick's website:

No objections is not quite the same as permission...
Old 08-05-2013, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlwest View Post
Rupert,

In reading Diderick's posting, it seems obvious to me that this is a misunderstanding - he states that he is in cooperation with you. If this is not the case, why do you choose to rant in public forum?? A private message to Diderick would seem more appropriate, especially since he acknowledges your work and his desire to preserve it.

I apologize if I am missing something. I am a designer as well, and I respect your right to protect your work.

Ken
The reason I "rant" in a public space is that everyone here, not just Diderick, needs to understand that if they even unknowingly deal in unauthorised copies of my copyrighted art work, then that also is against the law. It is that simple. Diderick also states that I get a good deal. I don't. If I am to be continually be deprived of rightful income in this way, I will go out of business and no longer be able to add to my oeuvre. I don't want to alienate people like you at all. I am sorry if I seem to rant but for a normally, mild-mannered person, I am pretty angry at the moment.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
No objections is not quite the same as permission...
DOES THIS HELP? I designed all of the Rupert Chicken models. I have never EVER entered into an agreement with Diderick to make, reproduce, sell or swap these models. This is a new version of Tewkesbury Abbey I am working on. It is undoubtedly in THE STYLE of all the others.
Attached Thumbnails
Rupert Chicken cathedrals-005.jpg  
Google Adsense