PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 07-24-2012, 11:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Schloss Neuhaus

Here's another model that come un der the heading of " been there -had to make the model".

The mansion has little distinctions and is now a college. It's close to Paderborn which isn't too far from Hamlin - famous for it's rats and piper - and before you ask - the answer is "yes I do have the Schreiber kits of the medieval buildings of Hamlin"

There are a few problems with the kit - the main one being the base, which is made up of four separate pieces. If they are joined together without gaps, the outer walls of the building are too long. I decided to "fiddle" the base because shortening the walls would afect the inner walls and roofs. A few tweeks were needed to fit the domes to the roofs.

The biggest fix was for the weather vanes (they are greatly over size for the model). Each vane is printed top and bottom, so that it has printing on both sides when glued back to back. As weather vanes should have four arms I put the un glued pieces on my light box and copied the vanes on the back. When I glued the two halves I didn't glue over my drawing. So when they were cut out I folded the vanes at 90 degrees. I also glued a piece of thread on the vertical line before gluing the halves together.

I also played around with the trees. After cutting out all the green bits, I used very wet black paint on the edges and on the back. The water made the pieces very wet and I was able to get a better "sag" in the branches. The parts dry much stiffer than the card.

The base is 51cm by 36cm and apart from the over size weather vanes, it turns into quite a good looking building.

I have decided to make something completely different following the run of German buildings- All I will say, is that, provided it works out, you won't find it on the Architecture pages.

Cheers
Miike
Attached Thumbnails
Schloss Neuhaus-img_0017.jpg   Schloss Neuhaus-img_0018.jpg   Schloss Neuhaus-img_0019.jpg   Schloss Neuhaus-img_0020.jpg   Schloss Neuhaus-img_0021.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 07-24-2012, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
It looks very good to me. You've got me curious about your next build