PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 06-29-2012, 07:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.11 MB
[Canon] Florence Cathedral in Miniature

I don't post a lot of my builds on here (or anywhere), but kind of pleased with this one and wanted to show it off !

Printed at 4x pages per sheet of A4 - 120gsm paper (called cartridge paper here in uk).

Main building is 8cm x 5cm. Base is speckled mount board.
Attached Thumbnails
[Canon] Florence Cathedral in Miniature-dscn0511.jpg   [Canon] Florence Cathedral in Miniature-dscn0512.jpg   [Canon] Florence Cathedral in Miniature-dscn0513.jpg   [Canon] Florence Cathedral in Miniature-dscn0516.jpg   [Canon] Florence Cathedral in Miniature-dscn0517.jpg  

[Canon] Florence Cathedral in Miniature-dscn0518.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 442.87 MB
Just saw your falcon and now another neat build at a reduced scale. Two examples of your fine workmanship.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 316.45 MB
Looks a great build, Hancocp.

Like the reduced scale, it seems to concentrate the detail, and saves ink too.

Tim
Old 06-30-2012, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
I think that buildings often look good at a smaller scale, I enjoyed making micro model buildings. yours look good and clean builed. did you scale it down and where did you get it from. only small thing but the roof of the tower looks to be a bit of a shallow pitch but that mite just be me.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.11 MB
No re-scale, just the pdf from the Canon site and printed using the multiple page option. The pitch of the tower roof looked a bit off to me as well but checking with google earth images I cant really decide. Thanks for the comments, I've now built all the european architecture buildings from Canon at reduced scale - next up is to scan and reduce the Reims Cathedral model from L'Instant Durable.
Google Adsense
Old 06-30-2012, 03:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thats a well made model. I do the same with the Canon kits.

Don't try the same reduction with Ankor Wat unless you want to go mad ;-(

I like the idea of a reduced ID Cathedral - I look forward to seeing the finished model.

Cheers
Mike
Old 06-30-2012, 07:48 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
You did a great job on a wonderful cathedral. I admire your skill in working with something that small. I have made several churches that size but prefer working on larger models. I do have the ID model of the Duomo which of course is much larger. I have visited the Florence Duomo twice in the last ten years. Have you been there? It is magnificent.

I am currently almost finished with the ID model of Carcassonne which measures 36 inches by 22 inches. If I reduced it, there would be parts that would become invisible. I will be anxious to see how your small model of Reims (also have the full size model) turns out.

One great advantage to your small models compared to my large models is that you have no trouble finding space to display them. Having now made close to 50 large models, I am wondering where I am going to put the rest of the models that I plan to make - I have over 50 more kits. I may have to build an addition on to my house. All of my models are on my webpage - www.cathedralquest.com.

Keep up the good work.

Thomas
Old 07-01-2012, 05:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.39 MB
It looks as though we have a bit of a hotbed of reduced-scale architectural models over this side of the pond! It is one of my addictions, too.

That is a very nicely-made model of the Firenze Duomo - congratulations. Looking at pictures on the interweb thingy courtesy of Mr. Google, I think the shallow-pitch tower roof is pretty accurate. Roofs are generally much flatter in southern Europe than in the north, where they have to shed a lot more rain and snow.

Don't forget to show us Reims when you are done (or even while you are doing it). I have done a half-size ID St. Stephen's, Vienna, which worked pretty well, though I got the scanning wrong and the colours are rather off.

Alan