PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.93 MB
Wells Cathedral

Some years ago I built the cathedral of Wells.
It is a kit of Rupert Chicken.
The scale is 1:240.
Here some pictures:

Adolf Pirling
Attached Thumbnails
Wells Cathedral-wells-cover-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-foto-web-.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-skizzen-web..jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-01-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-02-web.jpg  

Wells Cathedral-wells-03-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-04-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-05-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-06-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-07-web.jpg  

Wells Cathedral-wells-08-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-09-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-10-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-11-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-12-web.jpg  

Wells Cathedral-wells-13-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-14-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-15-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-16-web.jpg   Wells Cathedral-wells-17-web.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Very very nice indeed!

And thank you for all the pics.

Do you still have the model?
Old 11-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello Adolf. Your model is beautiful. You have done a superb job. I like that it was printed on tan paper rather than on white as my copy is. Was this model printed on A4 paper or 8 1/2 X 11? How high are the front towers?

My Rupert Chicken model of Wells, which I haven't made yet, is printed on white 8 1/2X11. A friend emailed it to me last year. I have another model of Wells by Rolf Jung which was made for Well Cathedral. I don't have a date for it. A friend sent it to me. It is printed on A4 white paper and is slightly larger than the Rupert Chicken mdoel. I haven't made it either, but it is on my short list. Right now I am working on an 8 1/2 X 11 Rupert Chicken of Canterbury - many very small pieces.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. Wells is a wonderful cathedral. We were there in 2003.

Thomas
Old 11-07-2012, 06:57 AM

Hello Thomas!

Thanks for your friendly words.
The model is printed on DIN A 4 papers.
The height of the front Towers is 16.5 cms.

Greeting

Adolf Pirling
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Very nicely built.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:37 AM

Here I am once again.
I have done a mistake.

The model is printed on DIN A 3 papers!!!

Adolf Pirling
Old 11-07-2012, 09:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
For those who are interested in Rupert Chicken's cathedrals: I have repro's of nearly all of them in stock on the original A3, sandy-brown paper. I can easily scale them and print them on A4, either on white, or on the brown paper. Just contact me via my site, www.zeistbouwplaten.nl (see page Architecture, Traditional).
Old 11-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Eternal Member

Thanks Adolf for the corrections. I always have trouble remembering A3 and A4. My Rupert Chicken of Wells is on 8 1/2 x 11 - almost A 4. The Rolf Jung is on A3 as well as the model of Gloucester (which I bought from you - Diderick).

Diderick- I am presently working on Canterbury ( 8 1/2 X 11) - a lot of tiny parts. I also have 8 1/2 X 11 of York and Wells plus the Gloucester to make (plus about 40 other models). I have been keeping my eye on your collection of Rupert Chickens with plans to order more when we decide on the Cathedrals we will visit next year on our Cathedral Quest central and northern UK.

I do want Salsbury, as I have been there - will order later. Thomas
Old 08-04-2013, 12:17 AM

Exclamation

I am sorry to tell you all, but Duderik Bakker does not have my permission or cooperation to produce my designs of English Cathedrals. Please respect my ownership and rights to these models by not dealing in them. This photograph shows an improved new version of a Tewkesbury Abbey model I am designing. It and all of the old ones will be on sale soon from a new website. Please note that I am currently taking legal advice on how to deal with all those who are knowingly or unknowingly involved in the piracy of my work including the sites who host their blogs etc
Attached Thumbnails
Wells Cathedral-012.jpg   Wells Cathedral-008.jpg  
Old 08-04-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdaviesclay View Post
Thanks Adolf for the corrections. I always have trouble remembering A3 and A4. My Rupert Chicken of Wells is on 8 1/2 x 11 - almost A 4. The Rolf Jung is on A3 as well as the model of Gloucester (which I bought from you - Diderick).

Diderick- I am presently working on Canterbury ( 8 1/2 X 11) - a lot of tiny parts. I also have 8 1/2 X 11 of York and Wells plus the Gloucester to make (plus about 40 other models). I have been keeping my eye on your collection of Rupert Chickens with plans to order more when we decide on the Cathedrals we will visit next year on our Cathedral Quest central and northern UK.

I do want Salsbury, as I have been there - will order later. Thomas
I have not authorised Diderick to produce any of my models. He never agreed anything with me and I have not received any money from him-no, not even a euro- for the ones he has sold. This is one of mine and will hit the production line soon. It is a vast improvement of the original one.
Attached Thumbnails
Wells Cathedral-004.jpg  
Google Adsense