PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 07-07-2019, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The old Lincoln shall pass away and there shall be a new Lincoln.

Hello Thomas,

I don't know whether or not you have already seen this on my new 'thread' but here it is now if you haven't. I have started a new and very much improved model of Lincoln Cathedral. I did like the older model at the time of finishing it and indeed it was the best I could have done, but now I feel ready for an improvement.

What you see here is merely the blank prototype of the main parts. This week, I shall begin drawing the Angel Choir with its geometric, decorated windows. You will see that on the model I have spelt 'choir' as 'quire'. There has been a recent surge here, particularly in cathedral guide books and the like in the use of the 'Q' word but I see now that it is quite wrong and so I have gone back to the 'C'

I expect you know of the writings of Sir Alec Clifton Taylor. If 'choir' is good enough for him then it'll do for me too!
Attached Thumbnails
Lincoln Cathedral-101_4941.jpg   Lincoln Cathedral-101_4948.jpg   Lincoln Cathedral-101_4995.jpg  
Old 11-26-2019, 07:14 AM

Help.

Hi Thomas,

I have taken the liberty of using and doctoring one of your photos of the model of Lincoln Cathedral. I hope you don't mind, but I could use your help.

If you still have this model, I wonder if you could send me some detailed photographs of the Treasury; in the photograph, it is ringed in red. At the moment, that part of the cathedral is covered up and because it is off limits anyway, I cannot find any photographs of the windows or turret door.

Back in the nineties, I took some photos out of the toilet windows but now, they're locked and rather murky, so I didn't see much the last time I went.

I have looked at a few ground floor plans which give me some clues but any extra data would be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05634.jpg  
Old 11-26-2019, 11:57 AM

Problem Solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Cordeux View Post
Hi Thomas,

I have taken the liberty of using and doctoring one of your photos of the model of Lincoln Cathedral. I hope you don't mind, but I could use your help.

If you still have this model, I wonder if you could send me some detailed photographs of the Treasury; in the photograph, it is ringed in red. At the moment, that part of the cathedral is covered up and because it is off limits anyway, I cannot find any photographs of the windows or turret door.

Back in the nineties, I took some photos out of the toilet windows but now, they're locked and rather murky, so I didn't see much the last time I went.

I have looked at a few ground floor plans which give me some clues but any extra data would be helpful.
Hi Thomas,

I was being rather lazy! I've just been to the V&A archives site and found the part in question. Part 25, sheet N. I'll post the new version for you to see when it's done.