PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Layla,

Fine build with nice work!

I know they're called Micro Models, but really!
Looking at the pictures you don't realize just how small they are until you see the coin for size comparison - WOW, I can't believe how small they really are.

Makes for a beautiful little diorama. There's a low-angle photo you took that lets us look in under the arch. I feel that I could walk right in to that little world!

Thanks for sharing the build.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you I have become interested in these becaue they remind me in a way of some of the craft projects I made also. I would make very small folded window-boxes and put things inside like faerie scenes and landscaping.

I have some pain in my life and I like the idea of a little world I can go through even if it is small model. They are very captivating.

I posted also a small sub marine i make HMS Sealion and the MTB 102 boat.

I like now to use a coin or some item so people know how small I can make things. Otherwise it looks maybe larger than in real life. To take photos I just sit model on a plastic chair or shoe box on a chair.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I think the idea of models representing a small world one can go into appeals to many model builders.

One of the pleasures of seeing the photos of complex buildings and ships in this Forum is to imagine myself actually walking the decks and climbing the ladders up to the bridge of the ship or walking through the castle or the cluster of buildings -- or through one of your gates into an imaginary London of some bygone day.

Don