PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 11-24-2014, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Deco View Post
Very nice assembly work so far! I really like the graphics on this model. Traditional Chinese architecture is so structurally complex and visually rich.
When I took a trip to Taiwan, my wife,s aunty took me to a temple knowing that I love historical architects. I tell you want, no kidding about complex and rich. After I done looking and walk out the temple, I need to go wash my eyes, cause all I can are red and gold. XD
Old 11-24-2014, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thanks for the new name !

I've tried both names in Google images and some look the same as my kit - others don't, so now I'm really confused ;-)))

Johnny, I think I'll pass on the endoscope - much too "biological" for me. I can't believe the price. You'll have to send a "road test" when it arrives.

Cheers

Mike
Old 11-24-2014, 04:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stamper View Post
Johnny, I think I'll pass on the endoscope - much too "biological" for me. I can't believe the price. You'll have to send a "road test" when it arrives.

Cheers Mike
£3.50 + £1.29 p&p did seem a bit improbable, but it's all gone through PayPal OK, and I've had a dispatch confirmation. It should arrive before Xmas.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stamper View Post

I've tried both names in Google images and some look the same as my kit - others don't, so now I'm really confused ;-)))
Mike, apparently there are no less than five temples in Taiwan called "Longshan Temple"! The subject of your model is the most famous one, "Mengjia Longshan Temple". I found this explanation:

Quote:
All five of Taiwan's Longshan temples (the others are in Danshui, Lugang, Tainan and Kaohsiung's Fengshan District) are named for and considered descendants of the Longshan Temple in Anhai, Jinjiang City, Fujian, which itself was founded in 618AD.
Another possible source of photographic confusion is that in China, the word "temple" (寺) can refer to a whole complex of structures, which may be surrounded by a wall with elaborate "gates" or entrance halls, which appears to be the case for the Mengjia Longshan Temple.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:08 PM

Is Mengjia Longshan Temple local in Wanhua, Taipei, Taiwan. Only one
Longshan Temple in Taiwan.
Attached Thumbnails
into the unknown-longshan_temple-_taipei_01.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-26-2015, 12:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
It's taken quite a time to post a follow up to the Temple. As you will guess from my other posts today, I've been busy with holidays, Christmas markets and other models.

The model, is nicely printed, but the instructions are a bit short on detail, although each page does have a line drawing relating to the parts on the page. The parts are printed so that page one has part 1,2 etc and page two has the next lot of parts - so no chasing backwards and forwards through the "book" to find parts.

The absence of instructions is most obvious with the decoration under the top roof, there are no indications for fitting the decoration and no parts to cover the underside - a bit of an ommission when you have a removable roof! I also spent a lot of time tidying up the roof decoration, as you will see from the front page of the kit the white areas on the inside of the dragons etc is a little "awkward".

Apart from these small niggles, the finished building is impressive with all the bright decoration -- and all those pillars. Also, having a removable roof means that the decorated joists can be seen.

Cheers

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
into the unknown-temple-1.jpg   into the unknown-temple-2.jpg   into the unknown-temple-3.jpg   into the unknown-temple-4.jpg  
Old 01-26-2015, 01:03 PM

Really nice! Well done!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm glad to see how well this project turned out!

The removable roof is a nice design touch - allows you to see the shrine inside, and gives you a chance to appreciate those beautiful supports. The careful cutting of the rooftop dragons was worth it! Nice work, and thanks for sharing the photos!