PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 02-16-2015, 12:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.40 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Just to clarify, I didn't mean "free" download.
I am still not going to be offering dowloadable paper buildings at this time. I have a market niche and it is going well for me.

This being a paper model group means you might not realize a lot of people don't enjoy cutting and scoring but still like putting things together and like having paper buildings. I designed a product for those individuals that goes together accurately with precise fitting despite their very small size. They are also like many people into instant gratification and quick results. So basically my target market is not this group and I am not part of my target market either. But they are my friends and I love them so this whole thing got started to please a group of my girlfriends for a Christmas party project that was fun and easy to do. They are totally into 1:12 scale miniatures and these can fit onto the shelves or mantel pieces in that scale.

For instance here are comments from some of the reviews.

All of Karin's buildings are easy to put together yourself. Very surprising for me, since they look pretty complicated. After the first one is done, the others are even easier to assemble. For miniature fanatics like myself, it is wonderful to co-create these exquisitely detailed buildings.

Was a little afraid when I saw how small these were but once I began, I became completely delighted with how Karin has made these tiny buildings so easy to assemble. Didn't take much time either. Love them!!

Love, love, love these tiny houses! Glad I could purchase them already cut out!!!

I'm just crazy about these little houses. They are so much fun to assemble because the folds are already scored and even my clumsy fingers can make them easily. The parts fit together perfectly and make my efforts look professional.

Last edited by kcorbin; 02-16-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
You seem to be fortunate in your choice of girlfriends.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I agree with looker.
Sadly I understand, and am happy things are going well for you.
I prefer getting my hands dirty and challenging myself with all those gory details. Hope I can still see when/if you decide.

Thank you for sharing, Love your work!

Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 342.62 MB
If you happen to see this...Kcorbin... how can i purchase the tudor style..!/144th building... i do model railroading and want to make it for a friend in England???? it wont let me just post through Etsy...i just need the single building... Thank you Pam coss
Old 02-17-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nscaletrain2008 View Post
If you happen to see this...Kcorbin... how can i purchase the tudor style..!/144th building... i do model railroading and want to make it for a friend in England???? it wont let me just post through Etsy...i just need the single building... Thank you Pam coss
Looks like you found me from through that website
I do need to get some of those buildings posted in my Etsy store.
Karin
Google Adsense
Old 10-23-2015, 03:48 AM

I have been busy this last few weeks creating the new set of 8 buildings for the 2015 Christmas season. I hope to get them into my Etsy store sometime during the first week or so of November. Here are a couple of quick snapshots I took of them on my workbench. There is a group of 7 that all belong to the new set plus there is one more building, its intended as a Santa's Workshop and is the large one at the front shown in front of closeup of buildings from the previous years. Then there is an overall view of most of the pieces. The ones shown in the photo are 1:220 Z scale and are meant to be used as glitter house holiday decorations for things like ornaments, Christmas train scenes, inside of display domes, etc. But I also cut them smaller at 65% of the size of Z scale and larger as N and HO scale. They were all designed in 3D CAD and then cut by machine.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:24 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Simply beautiful. Puts me in the Christmas spirit just looking at them.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Wonderful buildings, Karen!

I always like to see your models. Hope you sell a bunch.

Don
Old 11-14-2015, 01:29 PM

just for fun shot
Old 11-14-2015, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's great to see this wonderful display of your charming little buildings, and the eye-catching #11 shot.

Don
Google Adsense