PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 11-14-2015, 06:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 342.62 MB
kARIN, wILL YOU EVER DO ANY CASTLES??? JUST CURIOUS ... i AM TRYING TO DO ONE NOW BUT i CANT GET IT AS SMALL AS I WANT...THESE WOULD BE GREAT AS A CASTLE...thanks Pam
Old 11-15-2015, 10:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.40 MB
Hi Pam I will be doing a castle this coming year. I have pieces that have castle types of elements to them. They are gatehouses and tower houses. A castle is really just a collection of various architectural shapes.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
What a neat collection!

Wyvern
Old 11-19-2015, 02:18 PM

I found a vintage display cabinet from a company called Bespaq, it is 1:12 scale piece of dollhouse furniture. For your reference the cabinet is 8 inches high and 1.25 inches deep. I started messing around with it in anticipation of doing a proper Christmas scene. It will be lighted with LEDs when done and have trees, tiny figures, snow and of course lots of glitter when it done. But I won't time to put that properly finished display all together until much closer to Christmas as this is my busy season for sales. Things calm down about a week before Christmas.

Making up creative displays using my cardstock kits gets it posted on Pinterest and that brings lots of traffic to my Etsy store. I don't actually own a dolhouse but a lot of my customers buy the smallest scale versions I make for displays in theirs so I need to show them the comparative sizes using 1:12 scale furniture and such. I will probably take the doors off since there is more display shelf space inside of them.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is most excellent, Karen!

Don
Google Adsense
Old 11-19-2015, 05:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Very nice. The display really sets your buildings off
Old 11-19-2015, 06:24 PM

Well its one solution of how do you display a group of micro sized buildings without their getting lost on the table and overlooked or damaged. In many ways it emphasizes the detail of the building and also the size of them. A lot of the micro-model buildings from the UK could work in this type of setting too. (keyword: dollhouse hutch)
Old 10-31-2016, 06:14 AM

Tiny Coastal Village 2016

Another year gone by means a new village set. This time it is a coastal village with a lighthouse. The lighthouse in the "micro" sized version set measures 1" tall. The numbers below the buildings are the inventory numbers. I started the series in 2012 with no concept of how popular they would become but they were indeed that so I have continued to add new buildings to the series. Most likely there will be 100 or so unique buildings when I decide to quit this series. Each set starts some easy to put together buildings and works on through to more complex ones. At the moment I am working on a castle. Hopefully that castle will be done by the end of November 2016 so I can list it in my Etsy store. They are all pre-cut and geared to persons who just enjoy a bit of quick fun versus doing a lot of cutting and scoring work on the mega complex paper models that many of you like to tackle. Meant to be glittered but I mostly enjoy them as white card models since I am not fond of getting glitter everywhere..
Old 10-31-2016, 12:17 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Hi Karin! Good to see you're still at it. A hundred piece village is quite the undertaking, even at the micro scale you work in. Hope to hear from you more often.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
As usual, just beautiful. I really appreciate your talent! George
Google Adsense