PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 09-01-2015, 12:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thomas - Your work is uniformly superb.

ricleite - Your precise work on the base bespeaks fine craftsmanship. This will indeed be a pleasure to watch.

Don
Old 09-01-2015, 02:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Are you clairvoyant ????

I've seen from various sites that you have built the same models as me - Including "The Archer"

No doubt you have guessed that I have just started St Lorenz. I've finished the first half and have started the flying buttresses.

Here's just one picture to prove the above. I promise it will be the last ;-)

I must agree with you about the quality of the kit - It's quite innovative regarding the alternative parts and the absence of tabs.

Cheers

Mike

ps. In future please let me know in advance what building you will be making - just joking
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-img_2050.jpg  
Old 09-02-2015, 04:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.85 MB
This is an very impressive model and in hands of Ricardo can only end in a masterpiece.

It is a pity that I cant find this model in any shop.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.98 MB
Hello Tino,

due to local tax issues this model is ONLY for sale on the location of the
church itself. You may contact St. Lorenz Nrnberg - WILLKOMMEN to try to buy a kit.
All payment & delivery details must be sorted out with them ...

cheers
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tino View Post
This is an very impressive model and in hands of Ricardo can only end in a masterpiece.

It is a pity that I cant find this model in any shop.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you all for the comments

@ Thomas – you know that this is precisely the kind of kit that I would grab immediately: not too big and very detailed. The graphic quality shown on your picture can only be a “plus”! It is very far from the window copy-paste that I have seen on other publishers. Each window has a particular detail and I have no doubt that you put all of them right!

@ Mike – glad to hear from you! We have not talked for quite a while.
Well, as we have built truckloads of models, it is not surprising to have many common subjects. They would be even more if I kept assembling only architectural subjects. My house would have “exploded” if it was the case. Put your pictures here whenever you want! Regarding the absence of tabs, I’m not so sure. Without them, particularly on curved surfaces, you can get a better finish but it takes extra care in the assembly. There is an intermediate solution, as you can see below…

After the base, the construction starts with the rear block. The pictures show the first walls, already with optional recessed windows. The window frames have no gluing tabs and I opted to make them as extra parts. They are visible on the second picture and will be invisible from outside.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c06.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c07.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c08.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-02-2015, 02:59 PM

Attachment 257801Ricardo,

Thanks for the comments and the invitation to add pictures.

Here are two that I hope will help with the decision to use tabs or not. The brown area is where there are parts that have to be removed. I added the card for extra support. I also added a strip of balsa along the top to help position the roof later.

I add a small amount of glue at the bottom of the window frame and butt join it to the wall from the back. The glue is strong enough to hold the window in place so I can turn the wall over and adjust the rest of the frame. I then add dots of glue to the frame and leave it to dry. I then add more glue round the edges. The card is stiff enough and the glue strong enough to hold it all in place.

Of course the accuracy of Thomas's kit makes all this possible ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-img_2054.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-img_2055.jpg  
Old 09-03-2015, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@ Mike – it is fun to see that, tabs or not, we follow exactly the same sequence to glue the window frames: base, sides and curved top. It is not surprising, of course...
I feel more comfortable with tabs as, in practice, there is no need to wait for the glue to dry.

The rear section buttresses are another example where an optional part is provided. It definitely looks better with it!
The dash-dot fold lines are not very much to my taste. I’d prefer a continuous line or no line at all inside the parts – just fold indications outside the parts. Well, as the lines are very thin, you end up forgetting them when looking from a bigger distance…
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c09.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c10.jpg  
Old 09-03-2015, 03:08 PM

I wish I had added the optional parts to the buttresses much later. The small crosses are quite vulnerable when it comes to adding the roof.

The fold indicators don't worry me, as you say they are very thin. Also I cut part way through the folds, so when I add colour to the white line it covers the fold lines.

I use quite a thick PVA glue and during the warm weather we have had, it dries quickly. In some cases where the smallest amount of glue is needed, it dries before the two parts meet each other!
Old 09-04-2015, 01:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.85 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Pleiner View Post
Hello Tino,

due to local tax issues this model is ONLY for sale on the location of the
church itself. You may contact St. Lorenz Nrnberg - WILLKOMMEN to try to buy a kit.
All payment & delivery details must be sorted out with them ...

cheers
Thomas
Thank you for your help.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 479.41 MB
Hallo ricleite, nice to see you build this wonderful model of the St. Lorenz.
It's one of the best cathedrals in model!
Very realistic, plastic and exactly designed!
I have built it any years before...
I hope, it's okay to show you some pics....
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-sam_0094.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-sam_0095.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-sam_0096.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-sam_0098.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-sam_0099.jpg  

my current projekt:
Iss - the third
Google Adsense