PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 09-04-2015, 07:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
@ Mike – Maybe the white glue I use is thinner than yours. It makes a difference. And yes, it is good to keep BOTH eyes on the crosses when adding more assemblies!

@ Michael – I hope my model will be as good looking as the one you built!

Today’s pictures show a nice building that sits between the first buttresses of the cathedral’s rear section. There will be another on the right side but it is different.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c11.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c12.jpg  
Old 09-04-2015, 06:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.98 MB
... just for the pleasure of those who are addicted to cardmodels of cathedrals
and churches: Find enclosed the 19th century french cardmodel
of Saint Lorenz/Nuremberg published by »image d’Epinal« ... in
low resolution and slightly distorted.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-epinal-bogen-lorenzkirche-.jpg  
Old 09-05-2015, 02:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
I recognise the "style" I've made a few of their buildings.

I was going to say that it looks easier to build than your version, but I was afraid you would think that I am saying your kit is difficult to make. Yours is complicated but that will be the case with any model that has a large number of small pieces.

A complicated kit is a joy to make - difficult (where parts don't fit etc ) is not such fun
Old 09-07-2015, 07:00 AM

What a gem, Thomas! I fully agree with Mike. "Time-taking" and "difficult" are very different concepts.

On the left, in the picture, there are two windows with the same detail. The right one is optional, to use in the realistic version. The left one comes from the hole cut to make way for the recessed window and frame. I opted to use this one, instead of the optional part. The wider border eases the assembly to the frame. Besides, the border is already painted in the frame colors. So, any misalignment would not show the white border of the optional part. It saves the work of painting it first to avoid the risk…
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c13.jpg  
Old 09-08-2015, 07:29 AM

The rear wall is close to semi-circular, made up of many straight sections. The buttresses are similar with those previously assembled. No problems with fit.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c14.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c15.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c16.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 09-08-2015, 02:22 PM

An interesting idea. I'll have to try it.

I've finished all the windows on both sides of the building - I though that was the end of the windows, but I have just counted about another 55 that will go on the towers at the entrance.

I think my next model will be an igloo ;-))
Old 09-09-2015, 07:14 AM

@ Mike - it might have been the end of the BIG windows
Hmmm, I guess that an igloo designed by Thomas would have different graphics on every ice block

As you see, the building between the buttresses is very different from the corresponding one on the left side.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c17.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c18.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c19.jpg  
Old 09-09-2015, 03:22 PM

Perhaps he would also add figures.

I see there are quite a few figures with St Lorenz - perhaps I'll just pretend they are in the church ----- then again, knowing me, I'll make them all and add a small version of me.

your model is going very well - I'm making parts 47. and leaving parts 37 and 49 till the end!

Cheers
Mike
Old 09-10-2015, 07:16 AM

Mike, I confess to never (well, almost…) follow exactly the proposed assembly sequence. Sometimes because it is better to keep some details "off" until the end and most of the times because I like it. Well, I’m making an effort with this one…

The lower rear wall must be assembled very carefully to keep it aligned with all buttresses. It would be advisable to start from the center and progress to the sides. However, a dry fit test proved that there was no error to distribute and I took the opportunity to start from the left and take a more appealing picture.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c20.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c21.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c22.jpg  
Old 09-11-2015, 07:07 AM

The rear roof has many small dormer windows, as you can see in the first picture. I opted to glue the roof to its base (parts 18 and 18a) before gluing the base to the walls. The assembly is much easier, as the thin tabs can be glued one after another, with good accessibility. I got the feeling that the roof is a very little bit short. So, I plan to assemble the side walls first.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c23.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c24.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c25.jpg   St. Lorenz - Nuremberg - 1/250 - MTP Sudio-st.-lorenz-c26.jpg  
Google Adsense