PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 05-14-2016, 05:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looking forward to seeing you and this model in Sterling, Thomas.

Don
Old 05-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
I just finished the back section of small pitched roofs. The long structure on the left side of the Cathedral is the top of the three chapels below. Unfortunately I do not have photos of these chapels, and really don't remember them. This is the reason that I like to build the model before visiting the real building. If I had built this model before the visit, I would have had a long list of parts that I wanted to see. Although we spent over two hours in the Mezquita there are a number of places inside that I don't remember - besides that was seven years ago. I will finish this section of the roof before permanently attaching it. It is easier to work with not being attached to the rest of the model.

There is still the front section of the roof, which is removable so the arches can be viewed. The underneath side of the removable roof has beautifully decorated barrel vaulted ceilings under each pitched roof above. I really have a lot of work before it is finished.

I really appreciate those of you who have looked at this model. I don't think that I have had any model make it to a 1000 viewers in the five years that I have been a member of this forum. This thread has exceeded 2000 already. Please keep looking and if you are so inclined, leave a note. I enjoy reading them.
Attached Thumbnails
Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07423.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07431.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07433.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07438.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07439.jpg  

Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07440.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07441.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07442.jpg  
Old 05-24-2016, 01:20 PM

The model is become very beautiful.

I enjoyed hearing about your experiences regarding visiting sites before or after building a model.

You and your splendid cathedral models came up in our discussions during the Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days event last weekend (Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2016 and Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days 2016).

Perhaps some day you can bring up a couple of your buildings to display.

Cheers,

Don
Old 05-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Eternal Member

Don, I knew my ears were ringing for some reason this weekend other than it was my 78th birthday. I enjoyed looking at the links to th Army Heritage days. It looks like that most of the paper models were airplanes. I didn't see any architectural models. Even though I am not Army, it would be fun to go next year.

I hope to get my latest progress on the Mozquita up tomorrow. Come back and see
Old 05-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Eternal Member

I have now completed the right side of the back section of the roof. Next will be the left side roof which has some different configurations. The Mihrab on the left edge will have a removable roof plus there is a small tower.

There is still the front half roof, which is removable so the arches will be visible. My sheets of parts doesn't look like it has gotten smaller. There is still a lot to build before it is finished. The Mosque and Cathedral took over a 1000 years to build.
Attached Thumbnails
Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07446.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07447.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07448.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07449.jpg   Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07451.jpg  

Mezquita in Cordoba-dsc07444.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2016, 08:26 PM

Beautiful work, Thomas. I trust it will no take 1,000 years to complete.

Don
Old 06-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 103.02 MB
I also visited the Mezquita de Córdoba but just 35 years ago, in 1981. I took several 3D photos with my Realist 3D and I have always wanted to make a model of it. These "Merino" models, where can I purchase them? Thanks
Old 06-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Eternal Member

Thank you for looking at my thread on Mezquita. After 35 years, I am sure you remember it well since it is such a beautiful and unique structure. Diderick at - Zeist Bouwplaten - Import, verkoop, ontwerp en productie van papieren schaalmodellen, maquettes en bouwplaten (cardmodels), Modelbouw, Rietveld cutoutmodels has the model. Under traditional architecture scroll down to Merino. He has it for a good price.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
This looks more like a life sentence than a model build !

Again, congratulations for keeping up the concentration!

BTW - there are quite a few kits of "military" buildings - how about Fort Boyard - although it may be difficult to visit ;-)

Cheers
Mike
Old 06-14-2016, 05:45 PM

Although a model of Fort Boyard sitting regally in the Pertuis d'Antioche Strait would be most welcome at Army Heritage Days, so would any of your models, Thomas. Although we favor models of U.S. Army military equipment primarily, and military, naval, and aviation models of any service or nation next, we also like to have models that demonstrate the range of the craft.

Donald
Google Adsense

Tags
model, section, pages, part, mezquita, parts, spain, cloister, photos, show, small, cordoba, good, numbers, made, cathedral, progress, mosque, large, trees, number, building, visited, cathedralquest, merino