PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 03-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
You have done a wonderful job on one of my favorite cathedrals. This was the first cathedral model that I ever made, in the early 90's. I looked at your two annoyances, and thought to myself that my model doesn't have those two problems. I just looked at my model and guess what? I have the same two annoyances. I guess I must have forgotten about it. It hasn't bothered me in over 25 yrs, so I am not going to worry about it now. The two towers have collected so much dust that they are no longer white!

Doug had a good idea, sorry I can't help you. Thanks for sharing your wonderful model building story. I have enjoyed all of your posts. What is next?

Last edited by Tomdaviesclay; 03-04-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:30 PM

My God, is that BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 03-06-2017, 11:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Phil, great looking model! Congratulations on the completion.

Fred
Old 03-06-2017, 01:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.18 MB
Thanks, Tom and Fred. Hmshood5, that's a very high compliment you paid me and I appreciate it very much.

Tom, I'm planning on finishing up all three cathedrals by L'Instant Durable as soon as I can find a reasonably priced copy of Reims. I also have a copy of L'Instant Durable's Opera de Paris, but I may take a break from architectural models for a bit.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try something a little different. GPM offers a half-track truck, the C4P, which I bought sometime ago. Here's what it looks like https://sklep.gpm.pl/en/antykwariat/...m/c-4p-gpm-178.

I am a little apprehensive, because it involves the use of non-paper components like wooden dowels and wire. Moreover, no English instructions are available and so, I will be flying blind most of the way. Probably will need a lot of help along the way, methinks.

Phil
Old 03-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
Phil, I looked through the L'instat Durable kits I have. I noticed this ad appears on some of them. I have built "Le Thoronet" and it is printed very prominently on the wall of a building
on the edge at the corner to the left of the location of the plaque showing the name. The icon seems to say it is a national monument or historical site. I don't have all the models' but of the ones I have "Mont Saint Michel", "De Beaune" hospice,"Le Throne" abbey and "Chartres". They usually are on the back side somewhere. Unfortunately the worst case is,
as you know, The Chartres cathedral. On my copy of Chartres the top of towers are
printed in light grey not white. I assume that's what they meant.
I have a scanner that will handle A3 prints, I will try to see what I can do with it. I think I can just copy the page with the problem and use the adjacent parts to fill in the advertisement. Also another copy of the upright . I don't know if I do this if I could upload the correction parts to the download section of the forum.
Thanks for pointing this out. I haven't started this but I'm glad to know about the problem before starting. Your work is very good and as Thomas said it didn't bother him too much.
Cheers, Bob
Google Adsense
Old 03-06-2017, 08:49 PM

Thanks, Bob, I appreciate the offer. Can I also trouble you to copy the page with the tops of the two larger towers behind the two smaller towers with the white tops? I'll try and transpose them onto the white surfaces.

I can pm you my e-mail if you're able to do that. And a back up copy in the download section, if approved by a mod, would be a good resource for future knuckleheads, I mean modelers who forget to scan the model in before cutting.

Now that Doug has suggested a fix, I'm all in a twitter to give it a go.

Phil
Old 03-13-2017, 12:02 AM

Hello, Phil
Actually, the print is on a space not to bad for it: The original cathedral has an add-on chapel connected there. So to complete the model you could think of creating this one.
I found a picture on the Net:
Attached Thumbnails
Cathedral de Chartres, L'Instant Durable-chartres-cathedral-france-11.jpg  
Old 03-26-2017, 08:44 PM

Thomas, thanks for the info. You are probably correct. I wonder why the authors did not include a model of the chapel.

In any case, thanks to Bob and a suggestion from Doug, I was able to cover up the unsightly blank space. Bob e-mailed me a copy of J4 and an accompanying buttress, corresponding to the identical space on the other side. My son was able to mirror-image J4 which I then printed, cut to size and glued on. It will pass inspection from a distance. See the before and after images.

If anyone needs a copy of the reversed image, feel free to pm me. Or if I can figure out how, I'll upload the file here.

Cathedral de Chartres, L'Instant Durable-img_20170326_220801_resized_20170326_102218970.jpg Cathedral de Chartres, L'Instant Durable-img_20170326_220843_resized_20170326_102218687.jpg

Cathedral de Chartres, L'Instant Durable-img_20170304_103944_resized_20170326_103819056.jpg Cathedral de Chartres, L'Instant Durable-img_20170326_222143_resized_20170326_102218334.jpg

Phil
Old 03-26-2017, 09:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Congratulations on fixing an obvious irritation
Old 04-01-2017, 05:30 PM

To any mod,
Is it permissible to upload a reversed image to cover up the blank area described above for future builders to use? If so, I would like to do so. I also would need instruction on how to do so.
Phil
Google Adsense

Tags
base, cathedrale, notre, dame, build, linstant, chartres, error, lines, eventually, goal, progresses, provided, printed, noticed, center, glue, maneuvering, facilitate, cutouts, parts, corrected, labeled, labelled, phil