PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 06-14-2016, 07:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase

The next building will be a bunch of them! 5, to be precise. All of them represent towers and gates. All of them are published by Dukase and drawn by Milan Bartos. So, I found it reasonable to group them in a single thread. The idea is to assemble by an ascending number of parts. I noted that what may look as a single part may be a dozen or more, printed together, which is not a problem…
The first, Valdicka Brana has close to 150 parts. They are printed on 4 A4+ pages in thin but good quality paper. The kit includes a cover and back sheet with nice pictures and a description of the building, as shown in the first pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-01.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-02.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-03.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 06-15-2016, 06:38 AM

In this case (but not on some others) the tower also serves as a gate. The passageway and its construction method are shown in the pictures. I was surprised with the instruction to thicken some parts with card. It is not so usual, on a Czech model. However, I have nothing against, as the trick serves to, literally, add a new dimension to the paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-04.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-05.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-06.jpg  
Old 06-15-2016, 02:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 31.99 MB
Off on a new lesson in architecture!
Old 06-17-2016, 06:45 AM

In five chapters, Fred

As the main tower has no access, I guess that’s the function of the side tower. The outside steps are modeled one by one. The thickness is given by the card and there are no tabs, giving a fine look.
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-07.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-08.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-09.jpg  
Old 06-17-2016, 02:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
That's an interesting way of doing steps. First time i've seen that. Looks very realistic.

Fred
Google Adsense
Old 06-21-2016, 07:04 AM

They do, Fred! The method is simple and effective. I have seen it before with the same author.

The tower is not a standalone structure. The kit includes a wall section and, as usual with this stable, the modeler can choose between the “simple” and “realistic” versions. Not surprisingly, I went for the second one, with recessed windows and doors, as well as other details.
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-10.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-11.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-12.jpg  
Old 06-21-2016, 07:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Very fine work. I enjoyed seeing the reverse side of the wall. It helps to understand the way the structure is designed.

Don
Old 06-21-2016, 11:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 285.85 MB
Also love the steps! As you said, simple yet effective.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:51 AM

@ Don / Papierschnitzel - Sometimes, "reverse" pictures tell volumes about the construction method Big walls on some Erkotyp kits often have an incredible variety of details that deserve to be seen this way, too. I haven't yet assemble a big Milan Bartos model (like Zleby) but it should come, maybe next year. The detail level is similar but the quantity is on another scale!...

The second floor is very simple. Nothing to comment.
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-13.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-14.jpg  
Old 06-27-2016, 06:51 AM

The next floors are a bit more interesting, as they include the roof of the annex tower. Frankly, I very much like the colors. The may be “informatic” but work well and texture repetitions are hardly noticeable!
Attached Thumbnails
Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-15.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-16.jpg   Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase-valdicka-c-17.jpg  
Google Adsense

Tags
dukase, gates, milan bartos, towers