PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 11-27-2016, 09:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
If there were either more of me or the one there is was in better health there might be a simple trolley shelf layout built just for using those facades; scales of either 1:48, 1:32, 1:29, 1:24 would look grand and especially with the larger ones have a nice sense of presence.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Absolutely beautiful. I might just do that for the Cole Camp, Missouri buildings I want to do. Thanks for the idea
Old 12-07-2016, 12:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Good Afternoon!
I haven't made much progress on the Zimmerman buildings, yet. Have some of the new walls designed and redrawing the old ones in the new program. Also completely re-skinned GG's old workshop. The red siding is closer to what it looked like before it was tore down, but the picture I was using for the texture was not the original photo; some dummy didn't keep track of it and deleted it! I took that picture of a shed just outside of town about two years ago when I first started playing around with making my own models. Went back out there last week to try and get another pic and found they had covered the shed with vinyl siding to match the house. So, we went with a slightly grungy looking pic from a garage a few blocks away. Not accurate to prototype, but works.
If your wondering why an still fighting with such a small model; well, this is kinda' like my home work. I have to make this presentable before moving on to learning other things!
By the way, do you think adding the exposed rafter boards is too much? and how much detail really is too much for architectural models?

Some of my builds-old-workshop-12-7-16-023.jpg Some of my builds-old-workshop-12-7-16-027.jpg

Everyone have a Great Day and Model Away!!!!! George
Old 12-07-2016, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
There is never too much and rarely too little. Modelers always build to the level of difficulty that they personally can accept. Case in point is my current project for my son's girlfriend's little girl who wants a Jurassic Park Christmas. She is six, so will need robust models. Found a robust Jeep, but colors and shape no front bumper were issues. Added front and rear bumpers and adjusted colors, which only served to show it could be better, so now I'm working on version 3.

Rafter boards are a nice touch. If this were a kit, I am sure many would not include them, but having them available to those that would like them is a nice thing to do
Old 12-07-2016, 01:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks great, and the exposed rafters add a lot to the appearance of the model.

Don
Google Adsense
Old 12-07-2016, 02:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 115.91 MB
George,

I think GG's Workshop looks a lot more realistic now! The rafter boards make a big difference, too!

If you feel inclined to do so, when a 'beta' of the Workshop is ready I'll volunteer to give it a go!

Alan
Old 12-07-2016, 09:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
One more vote for the rafter boards.

John
Old 12-08-2016, 03:15 PM

Thanks everybody for the feedback! Alan and John, when the time comes, I will be getting in touch with you! I hope that I don't keep you waiting too much longer. Busy day today at the j** (I'm sorry for my language, I'll try to be more careful and not use such three letter words on the forum again). Flat beat, so no modeling tonight, but hope to update this weekend. Everyone have a great evening and model some for me! George
Old 12-18-2016, 07:43 AM

So, this is Christmas.......

Ten days of not being able to post..... No, I'm not a cardstock addict, not at all!
Due to series of unfortunate events, I have not been able to do much the past several weeks. The passing of a relative (Yes, my Aunt), and then computer and vehicle issues, has kept me from doing much modeling. Transportation has been fixed and repaired; put together a very old computer so I could get online again, and in the next month or so can purchase a new one and get back to some design work.
BUT... in the middle of all this.... I am glad that I printed out one of my wife's Christmas gifts before things went bonkers. It may seem strange to most people that my gifts to her are Halloween themed at this time of year, but Halloween is her big holiday since the kids have grown and moved out. We still have Christmas for the grandkids, but even some of them like the 'spooky' feel that the wife adds to it.
I've built some haunted house for her to go with her collections of spooky goodies, and she asked me to build her a 'haunted gazebo' to go with the houses. As I said, we're a bit strange around here. I decided to relax from real life and get this done before time slipped away.....

Some of my builds-12-18-16-002.jpg Some of my builds-12-18-16-003.jpg

I added cut-out pictures of some of her favorite little statuettes to populate her gazebo. As I cannot use my design programs or printer at the moment, I will hand color a set of temporary steps so the skeletons can get in and out of their haunting spot. In the future, I want to add a ghost band and minister to the mix.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season and may we all get to do more modeling in the New Year! George
Old 12-18-2016, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
George,

I don't think you're strange at all. Halloween is our other national holiday. We turn our front yard into a scary garden and we get more adults than kids. On Christmas we go a bit overboard also. A pilot friend of mine once told me, "I know your house from the air. At Christmas time, I use it as a beacon for landing at BWI."

Great idea and great model. My wife would think that was a really good gift, also.

John
Google Adsense