PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 07-22-2016, 06:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Lovce that bakery!

Your models are excellent, and I can't wait to see more!

Wyvern
Old 07-22-2016, 06:58 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Those all look terrific. Your talent is obvious.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Cool models, I especially like your Zimmerman Building! Nice work recessing the windows and doors, that adds so much to the overall impression. I like all the detail you implemented on the arcade, cornice and window surrounds. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
Old 07-23-2016, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Thank You! I'm glad everyone likes them. I've enjoyed learning how to make a cardstock model 'pop'. Giving them some depth and dimension. And as I said before, most everything I've learned about model building has been from the craftspeople at this site. The old buildings have been, and probably will be, my main focus. But I try to read posts on all the different builds. Seems I find techniques that stretch my skills all the time.
And, yes, I've got several more in the works, besides going back and rebuilding others that were designed earlier in the learning process.
This was one of many first attempts at both layering and recessing. It was one of the Illinois Main Street Color Your Own pages. It looked close enough to some of the old warehouses that once sat down on the river bank at the old wharf. Its not of any actual building here, but it was one of the many learning steps I needed, and wanted. I didn't take pictures of the 20 or so failures!
Well, it's early Saturday morning, I need my coffee! Thanks again. The encouragement everyone has offered just adds to my appreciation for this site and the hobby!
Attached Thumbnails
Some of my builds-model-pics-06-05-2016-031.jpg   Some of my builds-model-pics-06-05-2016-030.jpg   Some of my builds-model-pics-06-05-2016-032.jpg  
Old 07-23-2016, 06:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.60 GB
I like it! Nicely done.
Google Adsense
Old 07-23-2016, 08:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
That came out very nice. Ages ago I looked at that and didn't think my skills were up to turning it into a nice model. You've succeeded
Old 07-24-2016, 05:26 AM

Thank you Joshua and Vermin King. Thought that I might try and add another building yesterday, but had to fight the battle of the weeds in the back yard in 97 degree + heat. Not a smart move on my part. When I some-what recovered, I found an unwanted update from MS on the computer. Gimp nor Publisher are working right now, so it appears I'll be fighting with that today. I hope you all can get some modeling in!

Have a great day! George
Old 07-28-2016, 02:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Love these, you get more satisfaction from making a model you've designed and drawn out yourself, guess that's why I make my own instead of constantly using ready to build model kits.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:37 PM

Thank You Ben251988! Yes, there is something about designing them I really get into. Maybe it was those four years of architectural drafting I took in school. But, I also enjoy the research of a building; who built it and for what purpose, what else has been housed there.... that kind of 'history stuff' as my wife calls it. I saw some of your builds... Very Nice! I think I've got all my programs up and running correctly again, so this weekend I hope to post some pics of another building or two. I've got several more that I had done this past winter, it's just getting the time to put them up.

Have a Great Day! -George
Old 07-29-2016, 11:07 AM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Well done, George. I have tried my hand at reproducing old buildings and it's a challenge. I wonder if the local historical society would have any interest in your models.
Google Adsense