PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 03-15-2017, 07:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I like these Studebaker wagons, and all things Studebaker.

Don
Old 03-15-2017, 07:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I like the looks of those. And it is good to see the vardo. Thanks.

I was wondering if you would share your base wagon. It looks very similar to Gordon's Travelling Emporium from Night of the Inferno, the Wild Wild West pilot episode. I stuck my foot in my mouth. One of the activity directors at the nursing home I volunteer at wondered if I could make one of my trains into the Wanderer. And this photo came up when I did a search for the train

I watched the episode again and took some screen captures. I think I'll make it pale green. But the project won't happen until taxes are done
Old 03-15-2017, 09:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Wagons

OK. Going to try and post these. VK asked, so I'll just post the line drawings. I used inkscape in the designing, so you should be able to easily color the exposed parts. And remember that I build in HO SCALE! These are not a refined design, also did not include the wheels or running gear, as I'm still trying to see what looks right myself. I did not add tabs; everyone seems to have a favorite way of doing them, so no sense in cluttering up the drawing with them! Hope you can figure out how they go together; I'm not yet versed in the instruction area!
If you have any questions or comments, post or PM me. George
DELIVERY WAGONS BASIC.pdf

Oh, yeah: "If you build it, you must post...." pictures, that is!!!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
I just found this thread, amazing work!
Old 03-24-2017, 01:42 PM

Thank you Don & DWest! Just letting you know we are still kickin' here in southern Indiana! Been playing with the wagons instead of buildings. It's been an interesting diversion from my normal modeling. Will post some updates with pics later! VK, let me know if those will work for you.
Everyone have a Great Day!!!! George
Google Adsense
Old 03-24-2017, 01:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
They will give me a good head start, but they will have to wait for a bit. Real life, you know
Old 04-23-2017, 06:07 AM

Haven't given up, just busy!

Just a quick assurance that I haven't abandoned my modeling, though I haven't had time to do much work on them lately. A combination of; feeling the healthiest I have been for the past three years, the mildest weather for spring in the Ohio Valley (upper 60's to lower 80's) and a lot of unfinished (or un-started) outdoor projects has kept me away from the modeling bench. Hopefully, I can get to finishing up the barber shop/ Western Union building in the next few weeks and start on the next building in the '1900 block party' that I started!
I am posting PDF's of some wagons I designed to go with the eventual diorama I want to put together with this block of buildings. If there is anymore interest in them, or if someone wants to try building them, I suppose they should be post under the 'Civilian Wheels' section of the forum (just to keep things tidy).
A note about the wagons: They are small, HO (1/87) scale. I use round tooth picks for the axels. The designs are close to fitting properly, but you will have to dry fit everything to make sure it will fit together. No instructions, but I think most experienced modelers can figure them out. (If not, ask me and maybe I can help with that-just keep in mind that I may not respond right away due to work and home). I included a variety of spring designs and wheel sizes for our modeling pleasure. Main thing-just have fun!

Ice & Bakery Wagon.pdf MILK & SNAKE OIL WAGONS.pdf

If anyone tackles building these, let us know and post some pictures!!!
Feel free to try different axle styles (see VK's Vardo build). Just give credit where credit is due!
Everyone have a great day!!!! George
Old 04-23-2017, 12:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 985.89 MB
Thumbs up

George,
You had to go design some modern wagons. You make it difficult to keep my mind on my daily chores (fence mendin', well diggin' and rustler shootin'}.

Thanks, much!
John
Old 04-25-2017, 03:43 AM

You know how it goes, partner; I've been accused of being a distraction for years!

Have a great day! George
Old 05-12-2017, 12:17 PM

Still breathing-still thinking. It's a good day!

OK!
Derby weeks is come and (thankfully) gone for another year. I know it's been awhile, but I'll try to be a little more consistent with updates!
It was gloomy last Saturday (Derby of all days), so I had one of the roofers come by and slap some composite rolls up on the Barber shop/Western Union building. Gloomy and rainy today (Friday), so I helped the masons get the chimneys up......

Some of my builds-05-12-17-001.jpg Some of my builds-05-12-17-003.jpg

Yea, I know; not much progress for nearly a month, but with mostly decent weather and the busiest three weeks out of the year (for me), I'm just tickled I could do this little bit! Took me an hour to clean off all the dust and cobwebs from the bench!!! Well, may not too much dust and only one or two cobwebs......
I'm still looking to get the signs up, then I'm thinking of mounting the three buildings on some kind of base. We'll see how far I get with that. After a long layover, it's almost like starting over again; I'd forgotten what I wanted to do next and how I was going to do it. Of course my lovely wife says it wasn't just the time away from modeling.... Something about age, I think.
Have a Great Day Everyone! George
Google Adsense