PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 08-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
English Cathedral Models

I have just finished publishing the text and photos of our cathedralquest to Scotland and England in 2013. The English part of our 21 day trip was to visit the 11 English Cathedrals that I had made models of. You will find all of the English models on my webpage – CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe click on “Church models”, then “England”. Also, from the home page, click on” Adventures” and scroll down to “Scotland and England 2013” for photos and commentaries on the actual cathedral buildings and other places of interest.

I do have models of York, Gloucester, and Worchester but have not made them yet---someday. I also have models of Salisbury and Wells (2 different models of Wells) that we visited in 2003 but haven’t made yet. I also have 9 English Church models that I have not made nor visited yet. It looks like another trip to see them all, traveling from Carlisle to Romsey with stops in between. Maybe in 2018 for my 80th birthday. We have now made reservations for Poland next year in early summer. I have a lot models to make for this adventure. We are praying to our good health to return.

I am very indebted to Rupert Cordeaux for 17 of these 23 of the English Cathedral kits. All of these kits are from his earlier publications. Thank you Rupert, you are so very talented.

Now, back to the vaulted ceilings in the Mezquita in Córdoba. I will finish it sometime soon :-) Please keep checking on it.
Google Adsense
Old 08-17-2016, 02:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
who said you can't have too much of a good thing ??????
Old 10-06-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdaviesclay View Post
I have just finished publishing the text and photos of our cathedralquest to Scotland and England in 2013. The English part of our 21 day trip was to visit the 11 English Cathedrals that I had made models of. You will find all of the English models on my webpage – CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe click on “Church models”, then “England”. Also, from the home page, click on” Adventures” and scroll down to “Scotland and England 2013” for photos and commentaries on the actual cathedral buildings and other places of interest.

I do have models of York, Gloucester, and Worchester but have not made them yet---someday. I also have models of Salisbury and Wells (2 different models of Wells) that we visited in 2003 but haven’t made yet. I also have 9 English Church models that I have not made nor visited yet. It looks like another trip to see them all, traveling from Carlisle to Romsey with stops in between. Maybe in 2018 for my 80th birthday. We have now made reservations for Poland next year in early summer. I have a lot models to make for this adventure. We are praying to our good health to return.

I am very indebted to Rupert Cordeaux for 17 of these 23 of the English Cathedral kits. All of these kits are from his earlier publications. Thank you Rupert, you are so very talented.

Now, back to the vaulted ceilings in the Mezquita in Córdoba. I will finish it sometime soon :-) Please keep checking on it.
Thanks very much.

I have just got back from Ely today as that cathedral is to be my next model project. I wanted to do a painting of it on the way home but all the good views seemed to be on non-stopping roads so that was that really.Here's one I did in Orton on the Hill. Not a cathedral of course, but a beautiful church where one can easily hear a pin drop.
Attached Thumbnails
English Cathedral Models-looking-west.-14-x-22-.-watercolour.jpg  
Old 10-07-2016, 01:18 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
You mention two models of Wells.....

Which ones are these Tom?

Visited Wells in 2014 and enjoyed it immensely.

You are still a spring chicken - do not forget one day to do Beverley Minister!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Eternal Member

Rupert - Thanks for your response. I have very fine memories of our three day stay in Ely and the Ely cathedral and our two day trips to Peterborough and Cambridge.. I have a model of Ely that I bought at their bookstore. The parts are designed to show the cathedral from the earliest building to the present. If you haven't seen it, please look at CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe. I look forward to seeing your new model. Another wonderful model by Rupert Cordeaux. Thanks for the painting.

Kevin- One model is that of Rupert's. He was Rupert Chicken then. The other model was designed my Rolf Jung for the Wells Cathedral Publications. A fellow paper modelers had a copy and sent it to me. It's scale is 1:285. There is no date of publication. Wasn't Wells a wonderful place to visit! You may say that I am a spring chicken, but most of the time I feel like an old rooster
Google Adsense