PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 11-12-2016, 07:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm not sure. I get something like 'there is a security component missing' which to me sounds like gibberish so I am none the wiser really. I have left messages to the site 'boss' but as yet, I have had no reply that I am aware of. One thing which has occurred to me is that I may have broken the site rules by posting a few of my paintings and that, as a result, my account has had restrictions put on it, but I can't believe that were that the case, I would not have had any warning first. Anyway, Ely is coming on apace so I shall now try to put some more photos on.
Attached Thumbnails
ELY CATHEDRAL: A new design in the making.-100_7500.jpg  
Old 11-12-2016, 07:45 AM

OK. so it looks like we don't have a problem. This is what has been happening to the new model-kit of Ely Cathedral.
Attached Thumbnails
ELY CATHEDRAL: A new design in the making.-100_7439-2-.jpg   ELY CATHEDRAL: A new design in the making.-100_7443.jpg   ELY CATHEDRAL: A new design in the making.-100_7499.jpg   ELY CATHEDRAL: A new design in the making.-100_7503.jpg  
Old 11-12-2016, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
This looks like another very interesting cathedral in the making.

Fred
Old 11-12-2016, 12:48 PM

Horray I've been waiting ages for this model to begin, I'll be watching this closely as it will deffo be a model worth making in the end I'm sure Rupert, looks about a little bigger than Peterborough too. In regards to the paintings, I'm sure alot of people like me enjoy seeing your paintings on here whilst admiring your models taking shape!
Old 11-12-2016, 12:55 PM

Plus I admire how you've tackled the octagon since I thought that would be the biggest test when putting this model together.
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2016, 05:34 AM

At first I though that the Octagon was just a regular octagon but I soon realised that it was not. The North, East, West and South faces are wider than the other four and are not just flat, but have recesses for the pinnacles and buttresses. The Octagon you see here is the correct version: I made and destroyed three others to get to this one. There is a superb black and white photo of it, taken from the Tower in Alec Clifton-Taylor's Cathedrals of England. I have also found two amazing drone videos on you tube which confirmed all of my guesses about the inside of the Galilee Porch as well ( well worth a look and for that matter, so is the video of Cologne Cathedral too. I don't have any updated pics of this model to show here but I did do some paintings in Lichfield Cathedral on Saturday one of which I sold to the organist at Bath Abbey. Will post more soon.
Attached Thumbnails
ELY CATHEDRAL: A new design in the making.-100_7466.jpg   ELY CATHEDRAL: A new design in the making.-100_7467.jpg  
Old 11-20-2016, 07:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Thumbs up

Crikey, Rupert, delicate crafting of ornate architectural card models as well as watercolour painting! There is remarkable talent and skill emanating from your fingers, Sir!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn next that you are a part-time brain-surgeon who is capable of blowing crystal glass vases while blindfolded .... with one hand tied behind you're back.

Keep up the fine work, it is great to see!

PS: Like the painting of the old Victor bomber. I used to fly the air-to-air refuelling version of that aircraft when I was in the RAF, the Victor K2.
Old 12-01-2016, 12:29 PM

Please email me if you want to know more about the Victor painting.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:58 PM

Lovely thread, Rupert; we used to drive past Ely cathedral regularly on our way from Kent to South Lincolnshire, until we discovered the M11! I love your watercolour technique, too
Old 01-15-2017, 10:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.20 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Cordeux View Post
Please email me if you want to know more about the Victor painting.
Rupert, thanks for that offer (?). I have been tardy in coming back to this thread, so I apologise for this late response. If I understand you correctly, your post may have been an offer to sell the print? But forgive me if I have misunderstood that.

In any event, my 'domestic adjutant' of nearly 29 years is unimpressed that I have aviation prints and such that are not even hanging up on our walls, and the fact that there are likely more of them than we have wall space anyway! If I were to acquire another I think I would be in big trouble!

I will end by saying, again, that your ecclesiastical architecture models are a delight - beautifully designed and executed. In the card modelling world there is little that touches them for quality. All power to your modelling arm!
Google Adsense