PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 05-15-2021, 01:07 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
Lonnie, These are alignment marks and are explained under tips
for assembly. Put a pin through the paper and on the back draw a line between the holes. It shows where a piece is to be glued on the back. In the partial picture you showed A2 is also on the bottom.
Drawing a pencil line on the back of part A7 between these marks
will locate the correct position of A2 on A1. These lines should be drawn on before cutting any thing so if you don't have your book
any more you are going to have to just use the old mark 1 eyeball for theparts you have cut out. But it looks to me like you are doing fine.

Cheers, rjm
Old 05-15-2021, 06:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Lrjanzen, those labels mean they want you to make pinholes through the little circle, then flip the piece over and score form the back side for that reverse fold
Old 05-15-2021, 06:20 PM

Oh I’m sorry, rjm is correct
Old 05-15-2021, 06:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 124.56 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm View Post
Lonnie, These are alignment marks and are explained under tips
for assembly. Put a pin through the paper and on the back draw a line between the holes. It shows where a piece is to be glued on the back. In the partial picture you showed A2 is also on the bottom.
Drawing a pencil line on the back of part A7 between these marks
will locate the correct position of A2 on A1. These lines should be drawn on before cutting any thing so if you don't have your book
any more you are going to have to just use the old mark 1 eyeball for theparts you have cut out. But it looks to me like you are doing fine.

Cheers, rjm
Great! Thx. I didn't see a tips section. I'll keep an eye out for the marks.

I do a lot of photography and see this all the time with the milky way. You also see it with impossibly large moons. All said, it is a pretty image.
Old 05-25-2021, 09:10 AM

Next question.
I am putting the "ribbing" (parts 54A) on part 52A. I've been playing with this for a day or so. I cant figure out why there is a left hand curve for the 54A parts. I get 52A has an OUTWARD curve. But the folding of the sides doesn't seem to really want to follow 52As outward curve. How does that left curve get translated into an outward curve given that is is flat? is there a technique I am missing to get that left curve to become an outward curve?

Google Adsense
Old 05-25-2021, 06:49 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
To me, part A54 is a box structure

the right flap is the last you glue, the left strip is what gets glued first, then the small blue triangle in the middle, and then right flap
there is a fold line about 1/3 up the middle segment, that doesn't get scored, but that is where it would butt on to A52
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-26-2021, 12:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Lonnie,

Rick is correct, these reinforcements for the walls are box like structures. I started this model years ago but never finished it. The church buildings go together well as I recall but the hill sides that hang like a skirt around the central buildings and village houses were a headache. Moreover, I got stuck in adding too many details. The model is catching dust somewhere high on a cabinet ever since....

Anyway, herewith a few pictures of the reinforcement that hopefully are helpful to you. At the collapsed dormitory on the other side of the buildings similar reinforcements are installed.

Good luck with your version!

Regards,
Erik
Attached Thumbnails
L'Instant Durable Mont St. Michel Build-img_e5782.jpg   L'Instant Durable Mont St. Michel Build-img_e5783.jpg   L'Instant Durable Mont St. Michel Build-img_e5784.jpg  
Old 05-26-2021, 10:58 AM

Thanks Erik! Now you have shamed me. Your assembly looks a LOT cleaner than mine! I figured out they were box structures, but nothing seemed to be curving right against the wall curve. I have come to the conclusion that MSM is about the hardest architectural model to build. Even the Canon version lower levels are a PITA! Getting very frustrated. I may take a brake and do a few of Bruno's planes for my Pearl Harbor project. I also have the S-B Neuschwanstein up next. Maybe I'll try that.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:03 AM

Looking good, great progress.