PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-14-2017, 07:13 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Already the church appears to be rock solid as does the tower bottom which looks like a great base for the remaining 12 or so inches. I hope you have the model ready for the Fairfax HS event.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:05 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks Elliott for your comments and encouragement.

Here is a progress report. The left side is now complete. The kit did not provide for cut out windows and grills on the lower section of that side. I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but there is no door in the tower. The first little section on the right side will be the main door. The area in front of the tower "A" contains a building which houses apartments and the information center. I still have the tower to build - 18" high.
Attached Thumbnails
Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07764.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07765.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07766.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07768.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07770.jpg  

Old 04-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Eternal Member

More progress - I have added the three small buildings on the right side. The first is the main entrance to the church. I am sure the other two are chapels.

Next, I am going to work on the tower which consists of 24 parts. I doubt that I will have it finished for the Plastic Model show this coming weekend, but may take it anyhow.

Note: for the past several years the International Paper Models Convention which meets in Sterling, Va in November has been invited to participate in the International Plastic Models Convention in April in Fairfax High School in Virginia. I have participated the last two years and it was great fun. Plastic modelers (which I used to be- I have several to finish someday) are very interested in our table.
Attached Thumbnails
Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07771.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07772.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07774.jpg  
Old 04-30-2017, 01:17 PM
Eternal Member

I was able to finish the tower for the plastic modeler show yesterday (Saturday). All that is left is the small building in front and a small tower of the center of the nave roof.

The plastic model show, yesterday at Fairfax, Va,. was interesting and very crowded. Actually it is more of a plastic model vendors event than a show, although many, many people bring their favorite models which are placed on large tables at one end of the room. A panel of judges is chosen and various types of models in different age groups (some young people) are chosen as winners. I think that there were close to 100 vendors and hundreds of models on display. Four of our paper modelers convention had 5 tables end to end. We brought examples of our works. Many people had never seen paper models. Some thought that my cathedrals were "carved" out of wood. They couldn't believe that were paper. We had a sheet of a plane model to give out to the children. It was a fun day.
Attached Thumbnails
Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07776.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07778.jpg  
Old 04-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
That is one sweet-looking tower Thomas, soaring up into the heavens which, I suppose, is the impression it's supposed to evoke. Glad you had a good time at the p1@5ti( modelers show.
Google Adsense
Old 05-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Eternal Member

I finally finished Jasna Gora Monastery. I am pleased with the results. It was a nice model to build. The building in the front is an apartment plus the information offices. The entrance to the church is on the side. There are no doors in the front tower.

We are looking forward to visiting it and other Polish churches in the very near future.
Attached Thumbnails
Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07779.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07780.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07781.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07783.jpg   Jasna Gora Monastery - Poland-dsc07785.jpg  

Old 05-20-2017, 06:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.62 MB
Thomas,
Another wonderful build for us to admire! Thank you for sharing it. George
Old 05-21-2017, 01:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 78.28 MB
This monastery has a very interesting look to it.

Another fine job Thomas!

Enjoyed the build.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Congratulations on completing this tall, handsome model. I'm looking forward to seeing it this fall in its completed state. Enjoy your travels in the meantime!
Old 05-30-2017, 06:45 AM

Very interesting model, Thomas! Another one where the detail set is a big "plus". Congratulations
Google Adsense