PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-23-2017, 12:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
Colossus of Rhodos

Easy, but nice model from ABC magazine, series "Seven Wonders". Author is legendary Czech paper models' designer Richard Vyskovsky. Hope you'd like it!

Catalogue of my models
Google Adsense
Old 04-23-2017, 01:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Strange? Every time I see a model of this classic statue, which is supposed to be one of "The Seven Wonders of the World", the statue is completely different. I can but assume these are all guesses and there is no recorded picture or drawing of the actual thing. Surely there must have been at least a written description, other wise how do we know that such a thing ever really existed? Surely history records more than "There used to be a big statue at Rhodes Harbor, but it fell over."

Personally I prefer the version showing Perseus astride the harbor entrance, but there have been more examples showing Athene stood to one side, like this one. You'd think historians could at least agree on it's sex.

Nice build of Richard's design Gerry, but for me I'd just have to try to round out the squareness of the statue somehow.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.40 MB
it was made up but location and shape is unknown, few decades after erection , fall down due to earth quake,around 220 BC
the arab during there expensions take the remain bronze and sell back too there market so no ruins can be eventualy recovered.