PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 12-11-2017, 02:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.84 MB
Crechemania / Papermodelkiosk - It's that time of the year!

Crechmania.com and Papermodelkiosk.com have certainly been mentioned befoere but I thought it a good idea to point them out again.

For our members that celebrate this Holiday/Holy Day they do have the most wonderful collection of creches and nativity scenes available for printing, cutting and assembling.
They look simple but the cutting can be detailed, however the end results are wonderful. Being pdf's you can scale the mdown to place on your tree or enlarge them to catch the eye on a shelf or as a table centerpiece.

I have four that I downloaded years ago. If I remember correctly they were free. I do not remember having to pay for them.
Now, pretty much everything is a paid download. Ranges mostly from $5.95 US all the way up to &19.95 US. Fairly pricey-there's one I want badly but can't justify the $14.95 at this time.

However, they are just stunning and if you have any interest I highly recommend.

These are two I've built, one a few years ago and one today. The over-all green one with the star on top I enlarged to fit on a 13" x 19" sheet of Epson watercolor paper. I then mounted to a piece of posterboard fo added stiffness at that size (about 10" to top of star). It's an impressive display sitting on the shelf.
Attached Thumbnails
Crechemania / Papermodelkiosk - It's that time of the year!-img_2501.jpg   Crechemania / Papermodelkiosk - It's that time of the year!-img_2502.jpg   Crechemania / Papermodelkiosk - It's that time of the year!-img_2499.jpg   Crechemania / Papermodelkiosk - It's that time of the year!-img_2500.jpg  
Old 12-11-2017, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
I certainly remember Crechemania and Paper Model Kiosk. I've a couple of dozen creches that were free downloads back in the day, but as you say they are almost all commercial downloads now. And so expensive too!

But if you can afford it there are some very nice modern and vintage cribs (that's what we call them in the UK) available. I built one submitted by Jennifer Hooton and another by Svatava Vizinova - which I think are still free. One or the other finds itself on to our mantlepiece every festive season.

Merry Christmas!