PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 01-20-2018, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Bunratty Castle

I enjoyed this kit from the long gone Cuspa Models. It's simply printed black on a bluish gray card. The card is a bit thicker than usual and I really liked working with it. The fit wasn't great, but it's an interesting subject.
Google Adsense
Old 01-20-2018, 08:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Interesting structure. I'd like to see an image with all these structures set out side-by-side.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Don
Old 01-21-2018, 12:39 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
It is a lovely model - really looks great.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:09 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
One of my first paper modelling experiences was this castle model. I was far less successful than you, LOL. Years later I bought another one just to prove to myself that I could build it. Still in my to-do pile. Nice job.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:55 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
I am very pleased to see this model of Bunratty Castle as I have just built the Tiny Ireland model -see my Tiny Ireland posting on this page. Both models look very true to the real castle. The Tiny Ireland model, which measures 5 3/4 X 7 X 8 high is more colorful. I am looking forward to seeing this castle in person in several months. We have a hotel room next door to the castle.

I am very interested in your Cuspa model as I have been searching for these models with out much luck. In November, I found their website (www.iol.ie/-mjtie/-001.htm) . I downloaded a sample model of an Irish monastery. It whetted my appetite to obtain the rest the Cuspa 9 models. I had to download an order form and fill it out and mail it with the check to Ireland. I could not order online. That was in November. I have never received the order nor has my check in cashed. I have written two emails and received no answers. I recently found that Diderick at Zeistbouwplaten.nl had 2 models. He said they were a part of a collection that he was selling so I ordered them a week ago. If anyone knows where I may attain the rest of the Cuspa Irish models, please let me know. I assume that they are no longer in business, but have Their website. Any help will be appreciated.

Chris, I love seeing all of your castles. You have done a great job on some interesting buildings. Building castles is my second favorite architectural models next to cathedrals. I hope you will post more of your models.
Google Adsense
Old 01-22-2018, 07:35 AM

Location: No longer living in NYC. Mooresville, NC is my home now.
Total Downloaded: 2.51 GB
A good looking castle indeed. Well done!!