PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-14-2018, 09:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 57.46 MB
FG Port Cabrillo Lighthouse

Hi All
I wanted to post the last of three little dioramas I made as gifts. The one shown below is the Fiddlers Green model of the Point Cabrillo lighthouse in Mendocino, CA. My brother lives near there so I made it as a birthday gift.

The model is made as designed with the exceptions of an addition of interior balsa & card framing as I have found that FG models do not assemble well without framing. Also, I had to shorten the tower and railing a bit so as to make the model fit in the little case I had. The case is designed for the display of two collectible baseballs. I buy the cases on the internet for $10-13.

The ground is from 2 free texture files I found online which combined and then modified quite a lot in MS Paint. I also used Prismacolor colored pencils for touch-ups, Tombow brush pens to color edges. I picked up both ideas from the forums.

I thank everyone for the great tips and techniques I have picked up on these forums. I'm really learning a lot from seeing others work. I'm looking forward to posting more models
Best
Barry
Attached Thumbnails
FG Port Cabrillo Lighthouse-img_5199.jpg   FG Port Cabrillo Lighthouse-img_5200.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-14-2018, 09:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 205.96 MB
Great looking build Barry!
Old 04-15-2018, 07:06 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Nice, neat build. You did well.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Another beautiful gift, very well made and your brother will appreciate it. Receiving a gift they have made for one has an incomparable sentimental value. Very well done
Old 04-15-2018, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 57.46 MB
Thank you so much!! That was a very warm and generous compliment and I strongly agree with your point about the handmade. I also (in my fantasies) hope it will become future family memorabila

I've often wondered if in decades past, when people had less money "store-bought" was valued. Now that manufactured goods are cheap and plentiful, "handmade" is treasured
Google Adsense

Tags
architectural models, diorama, fiddlers green