PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 09-15-2018, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The first paper model I ever saw was one my Dad made in the 1970s. It was of the White Tower of the Tower of London. Eventually we burned it down but I never forgot it. Years later at secondary school, I acquired a German magazine called Scala. It was supposed to help me learn German which I loved but found too difficult. Inside the magazine was a paper model kit of some municipal German building with steep gables and all the North German stuff I love in that kind of architecture. It was only of flimsy paper but I made it with the utmost loving care as the designer would have wanted.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:37 AM

Hi Rupert ,

very fine !!!!

Kind regards
Kurt
Old 09-19-2018, 02:26 AM

Wells: West Facade completed.

The west facade of this model is now completed. I have had a lot of trouble with the two outer pinnacles of the central gable: they didn't fit!
One of the problems with designing on a larger scale - in this case, three times larger - than the scale of the finished design, is that one tends to work to a high level of precision which, owing to the thickness of the card, does not always translate to the smaller size. Having said that, I am quite pleased with the overall look of what is the most striking aspect of this model. Compare this model with my earlier version.

https://www.kartonbau.de/forum/wells...icken-in-1-240
Attached Thumbnails
Wells Cathedral-101_1894.jpg   Wells Cathedral-101_1883.jpg   Wells Cathedral-101_1869.jpg   Wells Cathedral-101_1857.jpg  
Old 10-25-2018, 05:25 AM

Wells Cathedral Prototype Model is finished!!!!!

All I have to do now is to write and draw the assembly instructions, then design the title page and finally it really is finished. Anyway, here are some less-than-perfect pictures to be going along with. I forgot: there is the snagging to do. That is putting right all the irritating little mistakes I encountered while constructing the prototype model - and there are very, very many!
Attached Thumbnails
Wells Cathedral-101_2178.jpg   Wells Cathedral-101_2180.jpg   Wells Cathedral-101_2207.jpg   Wells Cathedral-101_2215.jpg   Wells Cathedral-101_2222.jpg  

Old 10-25-2018, 11:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Irritating little mistakes or not, this is a really good looking model! Like the photos.

Fred
Google Adsense
Old 10-25-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seascape View Post
Irritating little mistakes or not, this is a really good looking model! Like the photos.

Fred
Thanks a lot. I have actually started snagging and it's not as tedious as I though. I've got this Learn-Russian-in your-sleep programme running at the same time and it's passing the time really well.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:57 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Another beautiful cathedral Rupert. It looks magnificent.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:48 AM

Hi Rupert,

oh , this are so beautifull mistakes , it is very fine !!

I am looking forward to my next order for the Austrian modelers.

Kind regards from Styria

Kurt
Old 11-16-2018, 04:02 PM

IT IS FINISHED!
The model of Wells Cathedral is now ready for sale. It can be seen at http://rupertcordeux.wixsite.com/modelcathedrals

You will see that I have dedicated this model to my mother who died in June this year, before she could see it finished. On some of my old models from the 1990s, I used to put a little image of my parents on their wedding day. Now that I no longer have to care for my mother, I am going to resume my painting career with zeal but next winter, I shall start a new model of Chichester Cathedral and then, next year Lincoln Cathedral which I think is England's finest.
Attached Thumbnails
Wells Cathedral-wells-cathedral.-original..jpg  
Old 11-20-2018, 11:05 AM

Hi Rupert ,

oh , it is very fine , now I will start to ask my austrian friend for the new order .

Kind regards ,

Kurt
Google Adsense