PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 09-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello Kurt, I have been following your thread very closely. I love the model and your instructions will be very helpful to those will build this model. I was unfamiliar with the Z – Art website. I found it and was amazed at the beautiful models of castles and churches, none of which we have visited. So I'm afraid at this stage of life I can't order any of them although I would like to have all of them.

I just wrote on Erik's thread that I would also like to have the model he is building and I told him problem so I will share it with you in case you don't see it on his thread.

Here is the problem. I have 81 models built and have seen all of them except 2 in person. I have 69 more models to build that we have visited. I also have 51 models kits of places that we haven't visited but would hope to someday. So that means that I have 120 models to make. I figured if I made one month, it would take 10 years and I would be 90. How about one every two weeks, that would be five years and I would only be 85 :-) I really want to build all of the models that I have seen in person, so when I finish the 69 models, I will consider St Bavo. Since I hit 80, I have slowed down. I'm still working on Wawel Castle which I started last October. I'm working to finish it in the next several days as I have nowhere to go (no doctors appointments) the rest of the week.

Keep up the good work and I will be following you, anxious to see the finished Castle.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:41 AM

Hello Thomas ,

yes the Z-art models are really wonderfull, and your problem with the models to build in future is also my Problem . I never can build my 800 Card models in my live ,but to read the Cards is also very fine .

After ten days of shipbuilding, it's time to continue building castles today ...
Now prepare the parts for the main gate ... glue the archway inside, join the passage together ...
... and place ... glue the first two reinforcements ...

Best regards
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0006.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0007.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0008.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0009.jpg  
Old 09-21-2018, 03:31 AM

Hello !

... close the gatehouse ... divide the last reinforcement, then glue it from above and from below.
Thus, the gatehouse is ready

Best regards
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0010.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0011.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0012.jpg  
Old 09-24-2018, 06:33 AM

Hello Kurt,
This is a very interesting model! I never bought a Z-art kit and the stack of "to be built" architecture subjects is still huge but I'll follow your thread
Old 09-25-2018, 04:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Well done Kurt, obviously you know all the tricks of reinforcement too!

Cheers,
Erik
Google Adsense
Old 09-27-2018, 12:20 AM

Hello Ricardo,
but you have missed something, because the Z-Art bows are just wonderful! I am very glad to have you under my watch.

Hello Erik ,
yes that reinforce makes me incredibly fun !!

………….

Mini window for part 22 ... assembled ...

... just ... insert and glue

Best regards
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0025.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0026.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0027.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0028.jpg  
Old 09-29-2018, 11:17 PM

Hello ,

Assemble and reinforce roof sections 23 + 25 ...

... glue the whole thing to the gatehouse.

Best regards

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0029.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0030.jpg   Celadna Castle - Z-art Models - 1:160-dscf0031.jpg  
Old 09-30-2018, 05:37 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
This is my first time looking in. The model is coming along great, and your photo documentation is first rate. Really fine work.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
It is indeed Kurt; just as it always is. First-class professional work.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 172.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrian Spitfire View Post
Hello Thomas ,

yes the Z-art models are really wonderfull, and your problem with the models to build in future is also my Problem . I never can build my 800 Card models in my live ,but to read the Cards is also very fine .

After ten days of shipbuilding, it's time to continue building castles today ...
Now prepare the parts for the main gate ... glue the archway inside, join the passage together ...
... and place ... glue the first two reinforcements ...

Best regards
Kurt
800 MODELS! Wow, does anyone else on this site have as nearly as many?