PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 12-19-2018, 10:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.98 MB
Hi Ricardo,

These are exactly the same concerns I have when I look at the accessories coming along with the larger GMP cathedrals.
In the case of St. Lorenz/Nuremberg, after long discussions, we agreed that the model was supposed to represent the most probable situation: view from outside in daylight. So the glass of it's windows were drawn in dark-grey. Although we would have been tempted to add colored windows here and to have the tracery as laser-cut structures. Lasered tracery is effective but visually definite in scale 1: 250 too "flat".
So we agreed to avoid this »marketing gimmick« also ...

In very different scales, let's say 1/75 or 1/50 lasered tracery can help to build up relative authentic 3D-structures easily... but this is definitely a different story ..... :-)

Cheers
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricleite View Post
@ Ronanmodels - thanks

@ Thomas – You know, the models are always a compromise between realism and buildability, just to name two parameters. The availability of printed transparencies and laser cut parts can be a plus. It is not necessarily a plus, depending on the way it is devised and on the modeler’s taste. ....
In Lodz, I find the window frames less effective because, having a solid color, they are broad. The textures of the original parts are lost, which is a pity. Anyway, I used them. The engraved parts, in my view, are a waste of effort. The “3D” effect is barely apparent and doesn’t compensate the simply printed texture loss.
In Wroclaw (it should come next…) I decided not to use most of the window frames and, as a consequence, the transparencies. The frames are cut in white and yellowish card. They make a sharp contrast to the mainly dark walls and (again in my view) don’t make the model better. Using the transparencies without the frames was a possibility but the extremely dense card structure would need a major change to let the light pass. So, “my” Wroclaw cathedral was built in the old way.
The bottom-line is that the extras can add value but it very much depends on the way they are devised and produced. You can check that I wrote some complaints, but in Krakow and Lodz.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi Ricardo,

another very beautifull model from your Hand , congratulations by my side !!

Kind regards
Kurt
Old 12-27-2018, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.39 MB
What to add? A trademark of its own!
Old 01-02-2019, 08:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks, Kurt and Kriszme

Tags
1/200, gpm, lodz basilica