PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 11-10-2018, 03:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)

Hello gluers!
After receiving a package I can now start with a splendid model: The castle of Cesky Krumlov. Hurray!
With this model, an old dream will be realized. I was in Cesky Krumlov in 2009 and since then the castle has constantly invaded my dreams.
The town itseld (Unesco world heritage) is among the most beautiful towns I have ever visited.

Let me start with some photographs I took during my journey in 2009. The castle is the second largest in the Czech Republik after the HRadschin in Prague. Even containing a bear dent with real life bear (The bare beer bearing bear couldn’t bear that the bored boar bore a bore into the pier board.)
Attached Thumbnails
Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-10-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-11-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-12-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-13-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-14-.jpg  

Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-15-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-16-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-17-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-18-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-19-.jpg  

Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-20-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-21-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-22-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-23-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-24-.jpg  

Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-25-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-26-.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-10-2018, 03:23 AM

The place of the castle is amazing on a rocky hill, the upper court with theatre and park is connected via two covered bridges. Most of the castle buildings are devcorated with sgrafitto painting which make the walls look more deep.

You can visit the castle, the history and homepage of the castle is:

https://www.zamek-ceskykrumlov.cz/en...ur-visit/tours

There are two guided tours available with a duration of around 55 minutes, that alone shows you the complexity of the building(s).
Old 11-10-2018, 03:29 AM

Wink The sheets

The model consists of 30 sheets with parts DIN A 4 (20*30cm) glued together and placed in an envelope with instructions, history and photographs of model and castle in CZech and English.

The instructions are added by 3D sketches of the build on 12 (!) pages, the model can be built in two variations: the complete model (98cm long) ore the model divided into three parts.

Like alwayss in the new models of Z-Art there is a chart including all numbered parts and where to find them (in colour) that simplifies the search drastically!

The construction follows the enumeration of the parts, liek usual for Z-Art the roofs, chimneys and ddormers are added last.

Two spelling mistakes have been addd to find out if the modeller reads thoroughly. The model itself contains of 410 numbered parts, but some parts appear more often, so I deduce there must be around 500.
I have decided to add some more details, like depth of windows and stabilisation I am going to build the three parts, separatedly.
Attached Thumbnails
Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-1-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-2-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-3-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-4-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-5-.jpg  

Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-6-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-7-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-8-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-9-.jpg  
Old 11-10-2018, 12:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Looks like this will be a very interesting model.

Fred
Old 11-10-2018, 01:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
We were there a few years ago - stayed at the Hotel Rose, a refurbished medieval monastery, overlooking the castle. We were driving round the country visiting Castles and Palaces - the guide book said there are over 400, but we only had 10 days so we missed a lot.

This has been quite a week - GPM have a new castle (Trakai in Lithuania) and now we have Cesky- Krumlov. We were there before the Republic joined the EU - sadly everything now is much more expensive - although with this kit you get a lot on building for a very reasonable price. It's almost as big as Betexa's Prague Castle.

Good luck with the build - I will be following all the way!

Cheers

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 11-10-2018, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
I'll be following this too. A viaduct... You have to build a viaduct...
Old 11-14-2018, 01:05 PM

Double...double..paper trouble

To gain mor depth for the windows and more stabilization for the walls I double all walls, the base and the top parts of the main building on 0.5mm cardboard. The windows will then be cut out and I place copies of the walls behind. This is going to be some work, but I think it's wrth the effort although it will stretch the build duration.
But isn't it the path that keeps us walking and not the target?

That means I must separate all walls individually and reconnect with new paper, while I will have to adjust the connections by the thickness of the cardboard. We'll see how that works.

You will recognize that part 27 is double. I was a bit too hasty and glued the window copy on the cardboard. Never mind, that means I'll have more stability for that wall...
Attached Thumbnails
Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-img_20181114_194059.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-img_20181114_194112.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-img_20181114_194133.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-img_20181114_194145.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-img_20181114_194200.jpg  

Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-img_20181114_194214.jpg  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:26 AM

Inner Courts

For the construction of the inner courts I remove the windows. Since the walls will be closed inwards, I do not need to separate them. I did this wrong with the first court but added two straps of thicker cardboard to the long walls.

I glue copies of the windows to the back of the walls and add some oil so that the windows become shiny for the light.

Here some details of how I proceed with the thickness of the cardboard:
I separate the parts of the oriel and then added the window as explained. Then I removed just the thickness of the cardboard that the printed paper is left. Then I glue everything together and add the oriel to the wall. Bristol cardboard is quite helpful here since it let iself be separated into different layers.

The oriel finally gets its support, also on Bristol cardboard.

Now I close the courtyards add the corners and the balcony and prepare the passages. I remove the flaps from the passages and fit them into the openings in the walls so that they end directly at the surface of the inner walls.

When the courtyards are dried I cut out the roofing of Building A. I enlarge the sides of the openings by the thickness of the card and even add some space for the flaps.

Finally I fit the courtyards into the openings and add some glue to stabilize the parts. Let them dry for a day!
Attached Thumbnails
Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-58-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-59-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-60-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-61-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-62-.jpg  

Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-63-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-64-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-65-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-66-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-67-.jpg  

Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-68-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-69-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-70-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-71-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-72-.jpg  

Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-73-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-74-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-75-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-76-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-77-.jpg  

Old 11-18-2018, 10:27 AM

Forgot two pictures :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-78-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesky-79-.jpg  
Old 12-09-2018, 03:05 AM

Walls and Windows

After two weeks of different acitivities, the walls have progressed.
It takes me a lot of time to cut our the windows as it is not the nicest task.
Because I had to correct some exams I cut out and corrected alternating.
Hope the cutting hasn't made mee too much a grinch for my students

Each of the walls that does not bend outwards has to be cut out separetedly. Next the tp, bottom and sides have to be cut away about 1.5mm thick leaving the wall design on place. I still have to take care not cutting to many walls prints away.

After each wall is ready they are glued together and are strengthened by the top plate with the courtyards. I copied the top pllate and enforced it, too to gain extra stabilisation for the building complex.

I do not use the provided bottom plate as it is larger than the walls and would not fit between the walls. Later, I will use a thicker baseplate.
Attached Thumbnails
Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesk-55-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesk-56-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesk-57-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesk-58-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesk-59-.jpg  

Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesk-60-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesk-61-.jpg   Castle Cesky Krumlov (Z-Art, 1:400)-cesk-62-.jpg  

Tags
castle, cesky, krumlov, z-art