PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 01-06-2019, 12:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Before putting on the bridge, the surface of the water is changed, a layer of toilet paper is applied with glue and a stiff bristle brush ...
... so I get a slightly moving surface that is dyed with water colors in Bob Ross technique.

Cover with Aqua Color Colorless glossy after drying, repeating this procedure several times ... Now apply the bridge

Yours sincerely
kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0080.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0081.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0082.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0001.jpg  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:02 AM

The Sneek water gate is also being built ...

Glue parts 8 to 11 ... and place them on the bridge

Glue parts 12 and 13 onto the ramps

Yours sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0010.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0011.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0012.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0013.jpg  
Old 01-10-2019, 02:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Nice! The Original water print is indeed very ugly and you're certainly doing a great job to enhance the model.
I was just wandering, in a true Dutch-Frysian style you could have opted for creating an ice surface instead. Unfortunately because of the climatic change the current winters are a laughing stock but considering the good old times there couldn't be a better setting to the Sneeker Water Gate.

Cheers,
Erik
Old 01-11-2019, 08:41 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Kurt - interest way to make water. Looks great as well - must give this a try. I usually paint and then use Artists Gel Medium - but it us expensive for a large area!

Erik - that was a great idea of modelling ice instead of water. Also very practical for certain models - I am thinking of my watermills here. They would look pretty good with ice instead of water. May try that after finishing your last recommendation (the Collared Sunbird).

It's not too late to change to ice Kurt!
Old 01-13-2019, 12:38 AM

Hello Kevin & Eric ,

this with the ice is an interesting aspect, but I like the summer better than the cold Season

Parts 14 + 15, the two towers ... Since the tower only moderately fits into the recess, I renounce the bottom plate 16, so I can connect the two parts better
The small open joints are sealed with glue ... the tower has 16 corners, but the roof only 12. Therefore, first part 18, then part 20 is glued.

Yours sincerely
Kurt

now letīs go on …
Attached Thumbnails
Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0014.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0015.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0016.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0017.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2019, 05:28 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Interesting!
Old 01-19-2019, 12:15 AM

The strips 20 + 21 are wrapped around the towers

Parts 24 + 25 are reinforced with 2x 0.9 mm Finn cardboard ... and placed on the towers

Yours sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0018.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0019.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0020.jpg  
Old 01-22-2019, 08:49 PM

That's pretty neat. Great job.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
It's slowly taking shape Kurt! Wouldn't it have been easier to wrap the strips around the towers before installing them on the base plate?

Cheers,
Erik
Old 01-25-2019, 11:24 AM

Thank you Greg

Hello Erik ,
it is not simpler in that the tower is very unstable before sticking to the base. That's why I did that later

Parts 26 to 29 + building instructions ... Since the cardboard is a bit thicker and rather stiff, the original pockets are replaced by thin paper tabs, as well as moisten the parts a bit before rolling.

The finished columns are not yet glued ... And again an interesting part with many small construction steps

Yours sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0021.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0022.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0023.jpg   Water Gate Sneek -  Netherlands - Leon Schuijt-dscf0024.jpg  
Google Adsense