PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 02-04-2019, 05:22 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland

On our Cathedral Quest to Poland in 2017, we took an interesting side trip from Wroclaw to Swidnica -about an hour way - to visit the Peace Church. The Peace Church’s exterior is very different from other churches that we have visited. It is made of half-timber construction. The interior is very Baroque and quite lovely. The literature says that it will seat 3000 .

On stipulations of the Treaty of Westphalia that ended the Thirty Years War, the Emperor Ferdinand III was obliged by the Swedish to allow Evangelicals to erect three so-called “Churches of Peace.” In 1653, the Swidnica church, which is a Lutheran Parish, was built. For more history and photos from our visit, please visit my webpage site-http://www.cathedralquest.com/PolandDay11.htm. The information about the Peace Church is located near the end of the day’s comments.

Last year, the Peace Church model was introduced by GPM. Of course I ordered it immediately. As with many of the newer models of GPM models, they offer an additional kit of laser cut trim. The primary kit uses black lines for the half timber. The laser it has a cover of light brown timbers that go over every piece of the kit (see the attached photo)). It also includes window frames and printed windows that fit over all of the windows. As with most all of the laser pieces of the kits, this one also has cardboard laser structures pieces to help with all of the supports. The little pieces that go under the dome roofs were especially helpful.

The kit was a lot of fun to put together. The laser coverings were ”punch out”, which saved the task of cutting them off of the pages. Some were a little tedious to glue to the main building. I have slowed down on my “extracurricular activities” so it took me much longer to build this model. I started in October and just finished it today. I am sorry that I did not take photos of the construction and post them on Paper Modelers as I have in the past. I will try to do better in the future.

If you make this model, beware of the fact that the little steeple is on the wrong roof as pictured on the front of the kit and the photos inside. They have it on the side roof, but it belongs on the front – so beware.
Attached Thumbnails
The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland-1-dsc08509-001.jpg   The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland-1-dsc00452.jpg   The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland-1-dsc00456.jpg   The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland-1-dsc02856.jpg   The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland-1-dsc02857.jpg  

The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland-1-dsc02858.jpg   The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland-1-dsc02859.jpg   The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland-1-dsc02860.jpg   The Peace Church - Swidnica, Poland-1-dsc02861.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-04-2019, 06:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's a beautiful church and a beautiful model, Thomas!

Don
Old 02-04-2019, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Very beautiful church, very well done. The models of churches, cathedrals, basilicas, etc, I love them. Its architecture always amazes me, I am a builder, and when I pass an old building I stop to contemplate these beauties for a while. Church of La Paz looks magnificent. Greetings.
Sergio
Old 02-04-2019, 06:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
Another fine addition to your collection. I look forward to seeing it when we get together sometime.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Interesting church!
Old 02-05-2019, 01:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Beautiful Thomas! Indeed, a very interesting looking church.

Regards,
Erik
Old 02-05-2019, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
Congratulations, another interesting church for your collection.

Fred
Old 02-05-2019, 03:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
A wonderful church, Thomas. A lot of hard work must have gone into the build.