PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 02-19-2019, 01:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Remaining buttresses and finishing

The front still need the buttresses and the pinnacles so I fold them and conenct them and add them to the cathedral.

Then I also add some docorative elements to the plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-113-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-114-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-115-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-116-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-117-.jpg  

Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-118-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-120-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-121-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-122-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-123-.jpg  

Old 02-19-2019, 01:26 PM

Finishing Touches

When the build is finished I can add some decorative elements like bushes and stones and I also recreate the half destroyed cloister fromadditionally copied material from the cahtedral's nave.

Now the model is finished!
Attached Thumbnails
Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-124-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-126-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-127-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-128-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-129-.jpg  

Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-130-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-131-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-132-.jpg  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:04 AM

photos

Some photographs in natural light and good weather including worm eye perspective
Attached Thumbnails
Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-129-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-144-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-130-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-131-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-132-.jpg  

Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-133-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-134-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-135-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-136-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-137-.jpg  

Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-138-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-139-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-140-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-141-.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-142-.jpg  

Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-per-143-.jpg  
Old 03-04-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanG View Post
That is coming along really well, Thomas. The illuminated windows will look beautiful.

1:600 is certainly possible Kevin, but quite fiddly!

Attachment 377368

The main change I had to make was to redraw the buttresses as simple U-shapes (back and two sides) and a separate front piece, and fill them with thick card. I still used Rupert's artwork, but patched it on to the new shapes.

Alan

P.S. Sorry to hijack your thread, Thomas.
Holy Moses!!! I thought making them full size was hard enough!!!. To be honest though, it is the research and design I really love most of all. I very much look forward to seeing more of these. Anyway, here's some more of my work..enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-three-pieces-silver-file-2.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-phantom-wreckage.-watercolour.-rupert-cordeux-arbsa.-300-start-exhibition..jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-101_2967.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-stoke-saint-michaels.-original-colour.jpg   Peterborough Cathedral, Rupert Cordeux (resized in 1:400)-101_2745.jpg  

Old 03-05-2019, 01:44 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Thomas - brilliant build and excellent landscaping - the base really adds to the model.

---------------------------

Rupert - very nice work. I especially like the last one - at a specific place?

In November last I went to St Albans - what a mess in terms of their modern work and choice of paint. Internally everything was also obscured by piles of chairs, notice boards, coats stands, stored barriers - you name it. No thought that people may want to admire the building or actually look at its relics and artwork. In contrast, our visit to York Minster was a joy.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin WS View Post
Thomas - brilliant build and excellent landscaping - the base really adds to the model.

---------------------------

Rupert - very nice work. I especially like the last one - at a specific place?

In November last I went to St Albans - what a mess in terms of their modern work and choice of paint. Internally everything was also obscured by piles of chairs, notice boards, coats stands, stored barriers - you name it. No thought that people may want to admire the building or actually look at its relics and artwork. In contrast, our visit to York Minster was a joy.
Yes. I painted it inside Clipston Church near Market Harborough. Even for me, it was too cold outside that day. I know what you mean about Saint Alban's Abbey. It's not the prettiest cathedral by any stretch and does not benefit from the untidiness all about. What made it worse was the fact that the nave was roped off for some music concert and so we tourists were herded into quite a small area. I thought the shrine area was about the most striking part.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 82.25 MB
Robert, your spirited use of watercolour is truly inspiring, the three silver pieces and the church interior being my favorites in this brief gallery. Thank you for sharing these.

Derek
Old 03-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Rupert - I actually voiced my opinions there (St Albans), but they did not get it at all. Blank confused looks. They just do not seem to understand that someone may want to do something other than climb over their stuff and participate in their, largely, none religious activities!

The modern repairs and additions are shocking - no effort to blend in with what exists, coupled with the garish use of modern random colours.

York was the exact opposite. Great care to preserve the architecture and art, as well as the feel of the place.

I will post some pics somewhere to illustrate some of the aspects - but I don't want to hijack Tomas's thread!
Old 04-02-2019, 01:52 AM

Rupert Cordeux makes lovely models. I have just done Ely and York. The problem with the windows is that the tracery on the perpendicular and decorated windows simply won't work with a scalpel, so I had to limit it to the bottom windows. Acetate with felt pen worked very well for stained glass windows, I found. Also a good tip was an old leather belt on the desk so I could sharpen the scalpel!
And you do not need to electrify it. Just put it on a windowsill and the light streams through naturally.
Well recommended.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasTepel View Post
Some photographs in natural light and good weather including worm eye perspective
Good Grief! That is utterly amazing: I don't know how you have the patience: the finished result is mind-blowing.
Google Adsense