Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 04-05-2019, 01:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Coming along well.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you Philip

Continue to the cathedral construction site

Wall section 24 is prepared, roof 23 is still being treated ... and glued to the wall step by step

Now Part 26 ... prepare as usual

Yours sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0014.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0015.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0016.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0007.jpg  
Old 04-08-2019, 01:34 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Wonderful work - and the artwork on the model looks so good!
Old 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Hi Kevin ,

thank you , and I like also

and continue building ...
Now strengthen the partition ... and glue the side panel
now connect the parts step by step

Yours sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0008.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0009.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0010-2-.jpg  
Old 04-12-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrian Spitfire View Post
Hi Kevin ,

thank you , and I like also

and continue building ...
Now strengthen the partition ... and glue the side panel
now connect the parts step by step

Yours sincerely
Kurt
I am so happy to see this being built. I look forward to seeing Exeter, Ely and Wells too.
Attached Thumbnails
Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-100_5677.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-100_8702.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-101_2557.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 04-13-2019, 11:57 PM

Hello Rupert ,
if you give me a few more years of life,
Can I maybe build all your wonderful cathedrals,

best regards to england

Now prepare part 28 ... connect to the roof ...
and complete the short ship

Yours sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0011.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0014-2-.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0015-2-.jpg  
Old 04-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Eternal Member

Kurt, I have been following your model of Gloucester with great interest. I am also have been a "fan" of Rupert Cordeux for many years. Years ago I bought all of his models when he was known as Rupert Chicken (all my kits have this name on them.) They are all printed on A3 paper in black and white...no color. Very little was known about Rupert in those days and then suddenly he appeared on Paper Modelers as Rupert Cordeaux and new updated kits under the name of Rupert Cordeaux. I like his new kits, but I feel fortunate to have his original models of most of the English cathedrals that I have visited.

I have built Canterbury, Hereford, Lincoln and Tewksbury which you can see on my webpage -www.cathedralquest.com under models. We spent a half a day at Gloucester in 2013 (see CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe) but I have not made the Gloucester kit yet, maybe my next one. I am not very good at adding the color.

I am impressed with your cut out windows which appears to be a ‘big job”. It certainly adds to the authentic look of the building. I have done this on other churches where the framing and new windows are a part of the kit – some of them colored.
I will keep following your thread and your fine work.

I am sure that all who read this posting today are as saddened by the tragic fire at Notre Dame today. I have been there several times and have a wonderful model as a reminder.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrian Spitfire View Post
Hello Rupert ,
if you give me a few more years of life,
Can I maybe build all your wonderful cathedrals,

best regards to england

Now prepare part 28 ... connect to the roof ...
and complete the short ship

Yours sincerely
Kurt
This looks amazing. The windows on the lower levels are especially effective when made in recess. I myself had considered doing this during the design stage. If one looks at the cathedral, one sees immediately that these windows have considerable depth but I felt that making them all recessed was asking too much. I had not reckoned with perfectionists like you! I am looking forward to seeing this finished.
I am painting at the moment for an exhibition next month. This weekend though, I shall be taking some photos of Lichfield Cathedral for my next 'project'.
Attached Thumbnails
Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-afternoon-sun-great-easton..jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-g.-easton-original.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-thatched-cottaged-bringhurst..jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-spring-morning-bringhurst..jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-101_4681.jpg  

Old 04-21-2019, 12:00 AM

Hello Rupert ,I find the detailing of your models in order, who would like to make it more accurate, like me, can even refine that.

Will the carton be in a different color at Liechfield Cathedral? In photos I have seen this one is held in a reddish brown color.

I like your watercolors very well, even my wife, who paints aquarelle herself, likes your painting style.
We wish you much success for the exhibition

Yours sincerely
Kurt and Helga

now letīs go on ...

Roof 29 finished, and wall part 30. Here I will put the windows back in different strengths ... and gradually assemble them

At the roof of part 32 3 tabs are cut off ... because of the high standing windows they would not find space, now stick the whole thing to the wall.

Yours sincerely
Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0016-2-.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0017.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0018.jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-dscf0063.jpg  
Old 04-21-2019, 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=Styrian Spitfire;670667]Hello Rupert ,I find the detailing of your models in order, who would like to make it more accurate, like me, can even refine that.

Will the carton be in a different color at Liechfield Cathedral? In photos I have seen this one is held in a reddish brown color.

I like your watercolors very well, even my wife, who paints aquarelle herself, likes your painting style.
We wish you much success for the exhibition

Yours sincerely
Kurt and Helga

now letīs go on ...

Glad you like the paintings. I have found a different colour for Lichfield. It is a brownish colour and not cream or caramel. It is not perfect but that is the ONE weakness of my models. One day, I will do a full colour one.

Here are two paintings I did on Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-medbourne-church-porch..jpg   Gloucester Cathedral - Rupert Cordeux - 1: 240-footbridge-medbourne.jpg  
Google Adsense