PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 03-23-2019, 09:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another excellent architectural model, Thomas.

Don
Old 03-24-2019, 04:12 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Here is the finished St. Stephen's Cathedral in Budapest. It was a nice model to build, one of several produced by 3D Karton. It a good number of detailed parts. The paper was a little thiner than most models. It needed some of the internal structural supports like Ricardo is dealing with now as he builds the Wroclaw Cathedral.

I have included several photos of the interior, which was quite lovely. In addition to the large nave and sanctuary that included the exposed decorated central dome, there were several small chapels in the apse area with beautiful altars.

I have no photos of the sides and back Cathedral. I can't remember why we did not walk around the entire Cathedral. Next time . Budapest was a fun and interesting city to visit. To read about our stay in Budapest, please look at my webpage - CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe under Adventures - Central Europe 2011.

I am starting another model, not a church, which I don't find ever posted on Paptermodelers. It is a famous building that we will visit this year.....more later
Attached Thumbnails
St. Stephen's Budapest, Hungry-7-img_6975.jpg   St. Stephen's Budapest, Hungry-1-dsc02910.jpg   St. Stephen's Budapest, Hungry-2-dsc02912.jpg   St. Stephen's Budapest, Hungry-3-dsc02911.jpg   St. Stephen's Budapest, Hungry-4-dsc02914.jpg  

St. Stephen's Budapest, Hungry-5-img_6963.jpg   St. Stephen's Budapest, Hungry-6-img_6964.jpg  
Old 03-25-2019, 08:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Very fine model, Thomas
The cathedral's inside is lovely. Kit designers could do something about the "inside". Instant Durable has a few examples and SB's St. Peter Basilica removable dome gives a glimpse to the inside but there not a lot of detail...