PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 06-17-2019, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 52.85 MB
Incredible work and very beautiful model!

This is the most good looking model of a building that I saw in many time.

Congratulations!
Old 06-18-2019, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you very much for the comments, friends

@ Thomas - my father is 82 and his hands got somewhat shaky, too. Anyway, he keeps making wood clocks! The important is to keep building and staying happy
Regarding the next "not aircraft", it was supposed to be a train. As we are well into June and I hope to be "off for holidays" in August, it migth be better to stay here with a not so time consuming subject. What about 3D Karton's St. Matias?

@ Issac - GPM made a small effort regarding the inside of Krakow cathedral. They made a big effort to fill the Wroclaw model with laser cut card I'd like to see publishers doing something more about this. I've never been to Poland, apart from "Google trips". The Wroclaw cathedral's interior is breathtaking. I bet you loved it

@ Tino - I know you own a copy of this kit. In fact, I went (almost) straight ahead to the shop after seeing it in your usual Póvoa trip
Maybe you'll find the time to assemble it, too...
Old 06-19-2019, 01:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hi Ricardo, this is an absolute master piece, both in design and build! I like the last set of pictures the most, they bring out this beautiful cathedral to its full extent. You once posted pictures of where you store (or better: hide) your train models, as well the show case for your aircraft, so I wonder where you store huge models like the Wroclaw Cathedral?

Cheers,
Erik
Old 06-19-2019, 01:35 PM
Eternal Member

Hello Ricardo, Thanks for your kind response. I didn't know I was old enough to be your father Your father is one year older than I am. I am glad to hear that he remains active in the wooden clock making and other interests. That is what keeps me going also even though my hands some times get shaky with small parts.

My first hobby love has always been woodworking especially making miniature houses and furniture as well as real houses and real furniture. In later years I have found much joy in scroll sawing.

I do have 5 wooden "cathedral" clocks on my webpage - CATHEDRAL QUEST: our quest to experience cathedrals in Europe -under Models scroll down to the Paper models link. These are large clocks, measuring from 3 feet to 6 feet (the Dome Clock), Does your father have a web page or any means that I can see his clocks?

At 81 I stay busy with my hobbies and other interest. People can't believe that I am 81. I got into an argument with a clerk the other day who insisted that I couldn't be more than 70. She even called in other clerks who agreeed with her. Paper modeling and (woodworking) will keep you looking young because these hobbies make you smile a lot. May you still be making paper models in your 80"s . I have made 97 models and still have 94 yet to make and I am determined to make them in the years ahead of me. I have good genes - my father lived to 89 and my mother to 93 (and still painted and sewed)

Yes, I think 3D Karton's St. Mattias would be a fun model for you. I made it several years ago after visiting it. Not as much detail as Wroclaw...no windows to cut our but --I am sure you will find a way I have a photdo of my model under Polish models plus a commentary on our visit under "Advemtures" Central Europe 2011, Day 13.

Cheers, Thomas
Old 06-21-2019, 02:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.63 MB
well done Ricardo great model

Google Adsense
Old 06-25-2019, 07:12 AM

Thanks again
@ Erik - My "latest" picture of the architecture showcase is already 8 years old. You can see some trains and some models from the "Golden Book", which have already moved to other places. In the meantime, I added black-outs to protect the models from (indirect) sunlight. Well, I should take another picture, sooner or later...
@ Thomas - Hmm, I'm sure you would like to know my father He doesn't have a web page but he posts videos on youtube, from time to time. If you search for Leonel Leite Wood Clocks (on Google), they pop up
I loved your remark about smiling and papermodeling Yes, I hope to be able to keep building paper models for a very long time.
St. Mattias is a very different kit - much smaller number of parts but the graphics are great. I'll start showing it soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Wroclaw Cathedral - GPM - 1/200-edificios-2011.jpg  

Tags
1/200, gpm, wroclaw cathedral