PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 10-14-2019, 01:58 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
"so that you approach the cathedral from Steep Hill which is long, winding and horrendously steep!"

Well, as I said I'll put it on the bullet list!

See also my PM!
Old 10-20-2019, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Latest on Lincoln.

This weekend, I left the artwork for the south wall of the south transept on the dining room table and when I have gone by, I have done a little bit here and there. I have just finished it. I particularly enjoyed drawing the rose window, known as The Bishop's Eye. It is in the English decorated style and has flowing tracery in the form of two leaves or, as some people see it, a human figure. At the end of this week, I hope to have completed drawings for the south transept as a whole and to have built that part of the model. Next will come the North transept and then the central tower.
Attached Thumbnails
Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5474.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5477.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5483.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5488.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5366.jpg  

Old 10-22-2019, 09:55 AM

Hi Rupert ,

wonderfull

Kind regards
Kurt
Old 10-22-2019, 02:55 PM

Thanks Kurt.

Well here is some more. It seems slow, but by the end of the week there will be a big push. The pencil drawing is a sketch to show me how to space the windows ( they are very irregularly spaced! ) I found a video on youtube of a drone flight which showed me the correct proportions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07NHRB_rnVc
Attached Thumbnails
Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5489.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5490.jpg  
Old 11-06-2019, 02:19 AM

Lincoln's Progress

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't seem to have posted my latest progress on the 1:240 model-kit of Lincoln Cathedral and so here it is:
The large south transept - there are small transepts as well - is finished. I have begun work on the large north transept and when I finally get round to the central tower, I shall stick all three parts together and add them in one block to that which I have already made.
Attached Thumbnails
Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5522.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5536.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5543.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5542.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5535.jpg  

Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5533.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-06-2019, 11:18 AM

Hi Rupert ,

oohh it Looks so wunderfull , you are an great artist

Kind regards from Austria
Kurt
Old 11-07-2019, 02:59 PM

Thanks.

I've just been looking at your two blogs. I love the way you have photographed the sailing ship. I am amazed at how beautiful and clean Austria looks. Are there any scruffy parts or is it all perfect?!!!
Old 11-12-2019, 10:18 PM

Hi Rupert ,

not all is perfekt , but the most is so fine and clean because thatīs the way i love my Country so much . and to ride with bycicle is the best way to take this Country in my hard .

Thank you and Kind regards to England

Kurt
Old 11-20-2019, 03:38 PM

A little more.

I'm sorry this is going so slowly at the moment. In Coventry where I live, a lot of buildings are being demolished to make way for new shining tower blocks filled with clever students. I the meantime, the desolation looks amazing and I am out painting it. I was even out painting at half four in the morning ( therefore dark ) the other day.

Anyway, cutting to the chase, here are the new parts of Lincoln for the North Transept. The style of the North Transept is loftier but more sober than that of the southern counterpart but it still has a certain charm.
Attached Thumbnails
Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5637.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5638.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5629.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5633.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5635.jpg  

Old 12-06-2019, 09:23 AM

Lincoln Cathedral: More Progress for December.

Here I have added the Central tower and the two transepts. Next week, I shall draw, test-build and then add the Galilee Porch which is one of my favourite parts of the cathedral. I have already worked out the shape and sizes of the nave, western towers etc. but I now have to make a design that is easy and economical to build. I spend a lot of time looking at the first version in the hope of working it out! I'd hate to present you with a difficult-to-build model-kit.

By the way. Rochester Cathedral is next. It's ages since I've been to Kent and I love the Dickens connection anyway. Rochester Cathedral is nice and small and will make a quick addition to the range of models.
Attached Thumbnails
Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5701.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5698.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5695.jpg   Rupert cordeux lincoln cathedral-101_5692.jpg  
Google Adsense