PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > > >

Old 07-08-2019, 03:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.80 MB
good work on the tower which is pretty mental design won't be out of place as a sci-fi space ship, but the printing is excellent.

Old 07-10-2019, 06:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thanks for the comments
@ SCEtoAUX - I use a knife and sharpen it quite often. I tried cutters with separate blades but didn't like them. Either the blades are more flexible or I don't hold them as close to the tip but I find them less precise, particularly for thick card parts.
@ David - Indeed

The “tower” on the other side is much simpler. It includes colorful roofs. The detail over the entrance takes time to cut properly…
Attached Thumbnails
Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c17.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c18.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c19.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c20.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c21.jpg  

Old 07-15-2019, 07:13 AM

The first picture shows the apse’s buttresses in several construction stages. I used a card strip to make it easier to get a constant width. The card strip is 1,5mm away from the back, in order not to collide with the angled wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c22.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c23.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c24.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c25.jpg  
Old Today, 06:35 AM

I experienced a problem with the rear side roofs. The top line was too long and tended either to deform the main roof or to get sloped, alongside the end wall. I made a correction on the right side but it is not apparent in the pictures.
Mating the apse was also problematic. I had to remove the tabs on the main roof and the card template I put there because a gap remained on both sides, at roof base / wall top level. The solution was to trim the main roof. The complex tile pattern helps to hide the misery…
Attached Thumbnails
Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c26.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c27.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c28.jpg   Matthias temple - Budapest - 1/200 - 3D Karton-s.matias-c29.jpg  

Tags
1/200, 3d karton, budapest, matthias temple