PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 10-22-2021, 04:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (1599-1608)

This is a very simple model, that I found very enjoyable, of the Globe Theatre at the Shakespeare's time. The model is freely available at Globe Theater Model - Free Printable 3D Paper Cut Out Template.
As I recently learned, I well filled it with toilet paper, to give it more solidity, while the base is a simple piece of double corrugated cardboard, covered with coloured cardboard: I haven't attached the base yet, because I have to decide on that.

(The execution can certainly be improved, at the moment I haven't the right working place. As for my very little experience, I should build the same model twice, one after the other, to recover the errors ).
Attached Thumbnails
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (1599-1608)-20211022_082356.jpg   Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (1599-1608)-20211022_082451.jpg   Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (1599-1608)-20211022_082544.jpg  
Old 10-22-2021, 07:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
The Globe Theatre is really a very attractive building. There was an American printer that used to print a card version of this building. . I don't know if he is still around. As you I'm sure know, the Globe theater was burned down and no plans exist so all models are just based on drawings of the time. Since 1984, a grupo of enthusiasts built a replica in London. There is also one of the best films ever made called Henry V with Lawrence Olivier made in 1944 in beautiful color. It is set in the Globe theater of Shakespeare time.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
I think you've done really well there, asettico. At least you've learnt something: that curved roofs can be a pain!

As for making the same model twice, I would say don't do it. Learn from it, put it aside and move on. In order to improve, chess players need to meet opponents slightly better than they are and language learners have to have regular contact with speakers of the mother tongue. Onwards and upwards.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:11 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
This is a great resource and I will share it will some of the teachers that I work with!
Old 10-25-2021, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
The Globe Theatre is really a very attractive building. There was an American printer that used to print a card version of this building. . I don't know if he is still around.
In the theatre's web site shop there is the paper model: Globe Theatre Model Kit – Shakespeare's Globe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
As you I'm sure know, the Globe theater was burned down and no plans exist so all models are just based on drawings of the time. Since 1984, a grupo of enthusiasts built a replica in London. There is also one of the best films ever made called Henry V with Lawrence Olivier made in 1944 in beautiful color. It is set in the Globe theater of Shakespeare time.
Yes, I know the fact. I also discovered that there are a lot of replicas around the world, one here in Italy too, in Rome, wanted by the great Gigi Proietti.

I've never see the movie, I will try to see it.
Thanks for the information.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
I think you've done really well there, asettico.
You are always kind!

Quote:
At least you've learnt something: that curved roofs can be a pain!
Absolutely true! Especially when you have to fight with the restlessness of seeing the work done.

Quote:
As for making the same model twice, I would say don't do it. Learn from it, put it aside and move on. In order to improve, chess players need to meet opponents slightly better than they are and language learners have to have regular contact with speakers of the mother tongue. Onwards and upwards.
I agree with you. But I didn't say a thing: I gave it to my acting teacher, very fond of Shakespeare, from which he draws from time to time, to prepare the play of the year or to explain something to us. Al least, that it's a "presentable" gift... Most of the time, to me building a model it's almost like a mandala: it's not important the final result, as the building process itself.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DC View Post
This is a great resource and I will share it will some of the teachers that I work with!
Are you in art too? They will appreciate it for sure!
Old 10-25-2021, 07:26 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Somewhat....

Quote:
Originally Posted by asettico View Post
Are you in art too? They will appreciate it for sure!
I do volunteer work with Juvenile Offenders, using paper modeling to teach patience, detail orientation, attention, and project completion skills!

Many youth today have never built anything with their bare hands...it has an impact!
Old 10-25-2021, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by asettico View Post
In the theatre's web site shop there is the paper model: Globe Theatre Model Kit – Shakespeare's Globe

Yes, I know the fact. I also discovered that there are a lot of replicas around the world, one here in Italy too, in Rome, wanted by the great Gigi Proietti.

I've never see the movie, I will try to see it.
Thanks for the information.
PLEASE watch this movie. It is one of the best films ever made on this category. Beautifully staged and acted.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I do volunteer work with Juvenile Offenders, using paper modeling to teach patience, detail orientation, attention, and project completion skills!
Really an admirable mission!

Quote:
Many youth today have never built anything with their bare hands...it has an impact!
Among other things, it seems that focusing too much on consumer technology and consequently use the hands less, has an impact on learning.