PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 01-29-2020, 10:44 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Skipton Castle Gatehouse

It's not even the end of January yet, and I already have 3 of my New Year's resolution models completed. I'll admit, I'm starting to weaken though - so many things I really really really want to build.

Skipton Castle is located in Skipton, North Yorkshire, England. The original motte and baily castle was built in 1090 by a Norman Baron, Robert de Romille. Later, perhaps in the 12th century, de Romille's earth and wood structure was replaced by one made of stone. In 1310, King Edward II granted the castle and surrounding lands to Robert Clifford, Lord Clifford of Skipton. The castle remained as the seat of the Cliffords' until 1676 when the last of the family line departed this earth. Over the centuries the building went through periods of destruction, rebuilding and expansion. Today, the well preserved castle is a tourist attraction as well as a private residence.

The Skipton Castle web site https://www.skiptoncastle.co.uk/ "Fun Page" tab offers many activities including a black and white paper model of the gatehouse which is to be colored, cut out and assembled. I colored mine using Photoshop. The "roof" parts of the gatehouse model should really sit down inside the center and left and right "blocks" of the building a bit, just below the crenellations. That would have involved a lot of trimming, fitting, and coloring of the inside edge of the crenellations, and I didn't think the simple little model was worth the time and effort. So, they're sitting on top as per the directions.

I started this model years ago as a Photoshop exercise, and now that it's done, I have no idea what to do with it. I've run out of room on my shelves, so this one, and many others may soon pay a visit to the circular file. Out with the old, in with the new.
Attached Thumbnails
Skipton Castle Gatehouse-skiptonb.jpg   Skipton Castle Gatehouse-skiptonc.jpg   Skipton Castle Gatehouse-skiptond.jpg   Skipton Castle Gatehouse-skiptone.jpg   Skipton Castle Gatehouse-skiptonf.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 01-29-2020, 10:52 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
maybe donate them to the local Children's hospital
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 01-29-2020, 03:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
Quite a little beauty...