PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Architectural Models

Old 08-03-2020, 10:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
They are just begging to have a game played on them with paper figures.
In truth a bit small for doing so, but sure have a great look for that.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
I'll add some 1:300 figures to the next diorama ;-)
Old 08-21-2020, 04:13 PM

Another 200 years and the 30 years war have passed. The Renaissance Chateau being a casualty of that war. The area fell into disuse for some time and was eventually taken over by the Emperor and converted into a fortress about the time of Napoleon. The church survived and was updated to the Baroque style.

You may have guessed that I have finally found a page on the ABC web site that describes the history and thankfully Google translate works!

This diorama caused me a few questions the main one was the walls. The instructions picture shows the star shape with two of the points outside the base. I made life difficult by deciding to cut off the two star's points thereby keeping the base rectangular. I had enough of the brickwork to continue the walls along the edge of the base.

I have decided to take a break and leave the final diorama for a while. I decided it was time to go for a Big model - still in 1:300 but the base of the building is about 70cm by 70cm.........
Attached Thumbnails
Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0040.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0041.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0043.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0045.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0046.jpg  

Old 08-21-2020, 04:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.88 MB
This has been quite a history project. The internet age having those translator functions is a good thing!
Old 11-08-2020, 05:02 PM

The sixth and final town is finished - but not completed.

The sting in the tail is a couple of pages of "add-ons"mainly it's a history of transport which can be added to all the other dioramas - except the first one - there's no parts for a Flintstone's car. There are a few other things like three containers and an impressive mobile crane. I also have quite a collection of odd bits from the older dioramas - Remember Skalka?

I'll make a few or more bits and post them later.

Meanwhile, here are a few pictures of the 2017 version. It looks a bit deserted - but we are getting used to empty towns. I'm afraid.

The second picture is the only information about the lay out. You can see an archeological dig on the left hand road. A separate piece is included to put down instead of adding the buildings. Then on the right by the church there are a few indications of another dig. I decided one dig would be enough so I added the buildings on the left and designed my own excavation by the church. This entails adding the scaffolding and removing the end of the church. I also cut out some of the base and dug down and added the archeology, other bits will be added.

My other alteration is the dome on the church. Pieces are supplied to make a cross shaped dome. I've managed to fill in the spaces to create a 3D dome.

More on the other bits, another day ;-)

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0109.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0110.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0111.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0112.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0113.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 11-08-2020, 05:06 PM

Just a few more pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0115.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0116.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0117.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0118.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0119.jpg  

Old 11-08-2020, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Looks great, sir. Congratulations
Old 11-09-2020, 03:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
That's terrific!
Old 12-14-2020, 09:39 AM

It's now finished!

I have had to postpone the final bits for a couple of reasons. I guess you could say Christmas is one reason. I've been making pop up Christmas cards and small presents for friends. I have also been tied up with the National Trust House where I am a guide. Except that over the last few weeks I've been making bits and pieces for their Christmas opening. The other delay was due to the long time it took to get a few more trucks from PaperModel.cz. The post from Prague was very slow.

Now that the extras have been added I have decided that the earlier pictures should be renamed as 2020. The newer pictures below can now be 2017. One reason for getting a few more cards was so that I could add a container to the crane and have a truck by the roadside that delivered it. There are other trucks around the town and one vehicle that looks a bit out of place - a clue - It's big and red ;-) It is possible because I have seen similar vehicles in other towns in Europe.

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0148.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0147.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0149.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0150.jpg   Slavonic Fortified Settlement-img_0141.jpg